Ch. 2: Infidelity, feat. Damien LaVey, Amira Rashid

After class, you strolled down the hallway, hands buried in your pockets. Your first interaction with Vera could certainly have gone better, but you weren't totally dissuaded. After all, you had seen that flattered look on her face when you called her beautiful. It made her even prettier. You and Vera Oberlin were a match, but how could you convince her of that?

Vera loved her money--that much was obvious. You pulled your hands from your pockets, pinching and turning the fabric inside out. A single monster dollar rose from the left one; some dark lint fell from the right. You sighed but then felt silly. What were you going to do anyways? Pay her to date you? Feeling a little defeated and ridiculous, you slumped past the locker rooms toward the gym.

Like the answer to a dark prayer, a solution was about to present itself. You heard...

Moaning.

From the boys locker room. And it was a girl's voice!

You checked both ways and stole around the corner, careful to stay tight against the wall that opened up to the lockers and benches. You didn't have a good line of sight, so you listened close. It was a guy and a girl, you knew, but their voices were muffled by the brick wall.

"I don't know about this," the guy said. His voice was gruff.

"No one has to know," the other replied.
Curiosity was killing you.

Creeping closer, you listened as hard as you could.

"I don't know what I'll do if Miranda finds out. We just started dating."

The girl's voice was low and seductive. "I thought you... liked chaos."

Your jaw dropped when you finally reached the edge of the wall and craned your neck around for a peek.

Amira Rashid was splayed on Damien LaVey's lap--Miranda Vanderbilt's Damien LaVey's lap. You couldn't believe it!

Unable to look away, you stared as Amira traced her finger down Damien's shirtless chest. Her fiery hair flared up and she planted her wet lips against his, moaning. Damien's hands flew up on either side of Amira's but he didn't stop her. Eventually his hands settled on her lower back and waist.

You recoiled back around the corner, and looked at the doorway. You were alone with the cheaters, and nobody knew.

The gears in your head turned, like in a timer ticking down and then it clicked, the pieces of your plan snapping into place. Blackmail.

You fumbled for your phone, procuring it from your back pocket and nearly sending it flying in a bout of clumsiness. It floated in the air before your wide eyes, and you reached for it with both hands, causing it to bounce dangerously back and forth.

You punched the phone right out past the wall that gave you cover, and then lunged for it, snatching the device like a venus fly trap might snap a monster fly from the air, before it could crash onto the tiled locker room floor.

Damien should've seen your hand flash in and out of his vision, but his head was cocked and his eyes were closed. He was lost in the moment with Amira.

With shaky hands, you swiped open your camera app and peeked discretely around the corner to snap the perfect shot of the drama.

There was no way Vera Oberlin could resist this picture.