Three Years

Bakugo walked through the dark forest, running his hands along the trunks of the tall redwoods lining the path. On nights like this, the young prince would normally stay on the path winding through the forest, but once a week, he would stray from the rarely used dirt road.

The farther away from the road he was, the darker the forest got. He eventually came to a small clearing, stopping at the edge of the circular opening. The area was moonlit, the pale light shining brightly in his face.

But that wasn't what caused him to stop walking. There was a boy standing in the center of the clearing, facing away from Bakugo. He was staring up at the stars, his arms spread wide.

Bakugo leaned against a tree, observing the boy. He observed the peaceful expression on his face as the boy turned in a circle, slowly closing his eyes. He swayed back and forth, and was bathed in moonlight, his face illuminated by the brightness of the full moon.

Bakugo didn't want to interrupt the boy, but he knew that he would be leaving that night, and wanted as much time with him as possible.

____________

"Hi! I'm Kirishima Eijiro! What's your name?"

"Bakugo... Katsuki. You don't live in my mother's territory, who are you?"

"Oh, right. Well like I said, I'm Kirishima Eijiro, and I live in the mountains with my family. I'm a dragon shifter!"

Bakugo raised an eyebrow.

"Dragon... shifter? Never heard of em, Shitty Hair."

"Hey! My hair isn't that different from yours! Hmph."

"You changed the topic, what's a dragon shifter?"

"Oh."

Kirishima pasused, nervously wringing his hands together.

"A dragon shifter is a dragon who can shift into a human form. Kinda. We still keep some dragon qualities. Like how I have sharp teeth."

_____________

"Eijiro?" He called across the clearing.

The boy looked at Bakugo, his crimson eyes now wide open. His smile widened, and his sharp teeth shone in the light.

"Kat."

Bakugo made his way over to him, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword.

"Hey, Ei."

"Hey."

Katsuki slid his hand into Eijiro's, pressing their foreheads together.

"You leave tonight."

His voice was quiet, albeit rough, like the quiet crinkle of a leaf under one of Bakugo's boots.

"Yeah."

His voice was soft, almost like the wind in the clearing they'd been meeting in for the past four years.

_____________

"We can keep meeting here if you want, Bakugo."

"Eh? You still want to spend time with me?"

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I?"

"Well... people normally stop liking me once they realize I'm not a polite, heroic prince."

"Well, I like you just the way you are, Bakugo!"

_____________

"Hey. At least we get to spend this last night together."

Eijiro smiled, and buried his face in Bakugo's shoulder.