6 Don't cry

"I know you are awake so might as well stop pretending." And there went her only advantage.

Things were not looking good for Miku.

She jumped out of the bed trying to ignore the dizziness and pounding headache she felt. She punched at the man in front of her but he just dodged it. "Now now relax I'm not going to hurt you, yet" the last part he said quieter so Miku wouldn't hear him.

Now that she got a good look at the guy she saw he had brown hair and a bird beak like mask over his mouth and nose. She was still slightly dizzy and was having a hard time standing. "You reek of hero, which is awfully disgusting." He was mumbling to himself but Miku took no listen. Instead she was trying to grasp at any power she had left from her plant, nothing. She must have lost it when she passed out.

"Don't try you are powerless without living things around, am I right?" He didn't wait for an answer before continuing. "You won't find anything here, which is for the best for both of us." He took a step closer a needle in his hand. "That way we don't have to deal with injections and can get right to taking your blood. We will start with just a needle, no need to be too drastic yet." He took a step forward as Miku took a step back, but ended up tripping over her feet and fell to the ground.

——
After the man took her blood he left without a word. The room Miku was in had wood walls and a concrete floor with only a door and a bed to decorate.

She sat on the bed trying to think of what to do, but a feeling of dread seemed to wash over her. The walls seemed to come in and her breathing got quicker. She ended up curling into a ball pretending she was anywhere but here.A nice Amazon box maybe. She sat there for what felt like hours, tear stained cheeks and red eyes.

She didn't snap out of her pity party until she herd a sniffle that wasn't her own. Her head shot up, but no one was in the room. She listened carefully and then she heard it. It sounded like a little girl crying from the other side of one of the walls. It was faint, a miracle she heard it.

Slowly she unwrapped herself from her little ball on the bed and walked over to one of the walls. When she stuck her ear up to it the crying became louder. She was positive there was a little girl on the other side, crying. Her heart seemed to ache at the idea of a young cild being here. Slowly she set her head up against the wall.

"Hey you shouldn't cry." Her voice held the kindness a mother should have and seemed to carry threw the wall. The crying quited and Miku could hear shuffling in the room next to her.

"W-who are you?" The Girl was still sniffling but it sounded like she had stopped crying. At that moment Miku decided she would forget about where she was and make the poor child on the other side of the wall stop crying. "I'm Miku Aizawa, why are you crying?"

Talking, Miku was just trying to calm the child down, get her talking. "It hurts, all over" It was quite muffled by a sob. "What's your name?"

"Eri" a beautiful name. "How old are you?" The sobs seem to slow down once again. "6" Miku felt what she could only explain to be rage. Who would hurt such a young child. For what purpose? What were they planning? Nothing good that was for sure.

"Well Eri, I want to be your friend" Miku could almost picture the small smile that she hoped appeared on Eri's face as her sobs stopped completely. "I've never had a friend." Miku's heart hurt.

"Well now you have one," Miku imagined she was in her classroom on the first day. She imagined Eri was standing in front of her crying from being homesick. Her one job was to make the girl smile, make her forget her pain and enjoy the day, or in this case make her forget where she was for at least a few minutes.

"You know, I'm a pro hero, I've been through so many adventures. Do you want to hear one?" A faint yes came from in front of her. "Well, this one is from a summer camp that was under attack! and I had to save a little boy!"
———
-summer camp flashback-

"Miku I didn't realize you would be coming with us?" Iida was the first to approach Miku when she appeared next to Aizawa before they loaded up the bus. "Yes! Nezu thought an extra pro would be ideal for the trip!"

The class seemed so excited for the trip chatting the whole way. Miku almost felt bad for them when they all fell off the cliff.

On the first full day of camp she ended up with a small group of students, teaching them different techniques and letting them try and use them on her. The second day was the same, but this time it ended with  the test of courage.

That's when the bad feeling came. "It not a good idea." She knew something would go wrong but the others were determined she was just acting up, after all no one knew of their location.

Against her better wishes the test of courage happened successfully splitting up all of the students. Miku found she had a strong urge to clime the mountain that was located not far from where she was. "Hey I think I'm going to go on a walk." The wild wild pussycats seemed to just wave her off as she left.

She started the trek up the mountain when a voice appeared in her head. "Camp is under attack! Avoid confrontation!" Miku's bad feeling seemed to multiply as she began to sprint up the mountain stealing tree's time as she went. She hadn't made it up all the way when she heard a small scream. "Koda" her pace only quickened as she rush towards the sound of the scream.

When she got there she was met with Koda being backed up into a corner. Miku started to push buttons on her support item making her cross bow pop out. Without much thought she shot 3 arrows at the man, who appeared to be covered in muscle tissue. The arrows broke on impact, but it did get the man's attention off of the young boy.

He charged at Miku with a huge twisted smile on his face. He was about to hit her when she froze him in time. She started to tap more buttons on her support item. A rope to pop out. It was made of carbon fiber and nearly impossible to brake, at least not by a simple enhancing quirk. "Are you ok Koda?" Miku didn't even notice her nose start to bleed as she tied up the villain.

"Yea, are you? Your nose is bleeding really bad." He seemed to be in slight shock. "I'm fine." She gave a small smile before she started to cough blood. At the same time Midoriya came running through the trees. "Koda! Miku? Who is that." The boy's eyes darted from Miku's bloody appearance to the hero who wasn't moving a muscle.

"A villain, everything is f-" she started to cough more blood and the villain was able to get out of Miku's control. Though he was tied up and had no way of moving. It still seemed to scare Koda and he took a step back. Right off the cliff.

"KODA!" Izuku shouted as Miku dived off the cliff. She grabbed the boy as they fell and made sure he was on top of her.

They hit the ground with a thud. Koda was crying looking at Miku who had blood everywhere. Her whole face was covered in it and now her back was bleeding from cuts. "Hey, d-don't cry" Miku game a small smile. Even if she hurt all over and probably had a few broken bones she had to smile. To help Koda.

She was able to stand up by some miracle. Midoriya quicklu met up with the two at the bottom of the cliff. "Are you ok Miku?!" He looked at Miku with panicked eyes. "I'll be fine, I need to get you two to camp." Her breath was ragged as she tried to breath.

"Y-you are hurt." Koda was looking at Miku with worry as she slowly started to take a step towards camp. "Miku they are after Kaccan!"

"everything will be fine." Her words seemed to come out forced as if she didn't believe them herself. "Everyone will be fine." she said it more to herself, but Miku hoped the two boys with her would relax a bit more. "Midoriya go tell Mandalay about Bakugou. Koda come with me." Miku started to walk away with Koda grasping her hand as she did her best to hide her limp. She was in a considerable about of pain, but continued to push on anyway.

She found Aizawa in the forest and she almost passed out in his arms. "Miku!" Aizawa looked at his wife with eyes full of concern her hero costume had rips all over it and she was covered in blood. She was holding a shaking Koda's hand but other than a few scratches he seemed fine.

"Shota, I'm so glad—I found you-Koda- needs-he-" She passed out in Aizawa's arms.

Some people can't show weakness because they are someone else's shelter during storms.