chapter thirteen

It has been twelve weeks since Draco and I sat on the cold, hard floor

It has been twelve weeks since Draco and I sat on the cold, hard floor. Tears had been flowing down my face right before he had broken the news that I was pregnant.

Nothing has been like it is now. My belly was still flat, my relationship with Ron wasn't as bad as now, and Draco and I hadn't been as close as we are now.

We aren't the best of buddies, but we are friendlier to each other.

As I reach for the door to the dining hall, a voice calls from behind me, "Hermione!"

I turn around to see Draco, strolling towards me.

"Hey, um, how are you doing?" He asks awkwardly.

I smile, "I'm doing fine. You?" He smiles at that.

"I'm doing fine. I just wanted to ask, uh, since everyone's going to Hogsmeade tomorrow, would you maybe, spend the day with me?" He asks shyly, hands fiddling with the band of his bag.

"I would love to spend the day with you, Draco," I reply.

He grins, "Great, I'll meet you here tomorrow so we can get going." I nod and we walk together into the dining hall.

As soon as I reach the Gryffindor table, Ginny starts rambling about her plans for tomorrow, "Oh, we can also go get some butterbeer."

"I can't," I interrupt. She stops talking and looks up.

"What, why?" She mutters. The disappointed look she gives me makes me feel bad but I want to spend the day with Draco.

"I and Draco are spending the day together. Kind of like a bonding day before the baby comes," I say.

I hear a scoff to my side and finally turn to see Ron, "Bonding day? You two'll probably end up shagging by midday. Don't use the baby as an excuse for acting like a slut."

"What the hell is your issue? I wasn't talking to you, okay? I didn't ask for you to put in your two cents.  Now go use the last two of your brain cells to do your schoolwork," I scold. Ron rolls his eyes and looks away.

"Good job handling him Hermione. He needed to be put in his place," Ginny grins at me.

I smile back, "All in a day's work." We giggle before turning back to our food.

"So, what are you and Draco gonna do tomorrow?" She asks.

"I'm not sure. I think we might go to each other's favorite place in Hogsmeade. Or do something like that," I state. She nods and takes another bite of her food.

"Well, next Hogsmeade trip will be me and you. Make sure you tell him that," Ginny says. I laugh along with her.

 I laugh along with her