9

Tehila's POV

The knocks on the door keep getting more impatient "I'M COMING CHILL" I shout with Aislinn in my arms. She bursts into tears immediately and I groan trying to calm her down as I walk to the door, she rests her head on my shoulder her eyes closing.

I open the door quietly and my eyes widen when I see Joshua standing outside. "You can't do this to me Tehila" he starts and frown in confusion holding up one finger, I go inside to quickly drop Aislinn on a couch arranging pillows around her so she doesn't fall.

"What are you-" I ask shutting the door behind me turning to face him, "You can't leave me wondering if Aislinn is mine or not" he says. "Do you know how many nights I've stayed up WONDERING IF SHE'S MINE ?" he asks staring into my eyes, it's only then I realized his eyes are red.

"I spent hours crying, CRYING, wondering, if Aislinn wants to know her father ??" his voice cracks and I stare at him, my cold demeanor melting away.

"I LOVED YOU, I LOVE YOU" he shouts. "But you know what happened I lost you, I lost you". I see the tears he's trying to blink back and turn away ready to walk back inside but his words stop me "no, you don't get to walk inside and pretend like everything's okay CAUSE IT'S NOT, you're going to get Aislinn and we'll get that DNA test done cause I can't do this anymore, I'm on the brink of a mental breakdown just get the test done".

I don't turn to face him instead I walk inside and pick Aislinn up gently grabbing a blanket to keep her warm and walk outside with my jeep keys in hand.

**

"We'll be back here tomorrow Doctor" Joshua nods at the doctor. I pull my hair out of Aislinn's grasp and let her grab my pinkie instead. She keeps bouncing on my lap, whenever she wakes up she's like a little ball of energy.

"She's an active one huh ?" Joshua asks as he drives us back to my apartment, I nod stiffly not wanting to talk to him. "See you tomorrow" I say to him as he parks my jeep.

I walk inside not even bothering to turn around, I set Aislinn down on the carpet where her toys are. I pull out my phone to call Jace and he picks up after 2 rings, "Babe ?" he asks, "could you come over right now ?" I mumble tears flowing down my cheeks.

"I'm on my way," he says immediately and we hang up. A few minutes later the doorbell rings and I open the door to let Jace in, he opens his arms as soon as I shut the door and I walk into them.

Inhaling his amazing scent "what's wrong angel ?" he asks rubbing my back. I explain everything to him while he listens keeping me in his embrace "I don't even get why I'm crying, I just am"

Aislinn starts crying and I know she needs a diaper change so I let go of Jace to change her but he stops me "let me take care of her" he kisses my forehead and goes to meet Aislinn taking her in his arms and going to get her diaper changed.

He brings her back smiling as he plays with her and I smile slightly at their behavior, I don't want Aislinn to get used to Jace and think he's her father but then I want her to know him as my boyfriend, not her father but Jace would make a great father though.

"Hey, you're smiling again" he says surprised, "you would be a great father" I state and he grins "I'm too young to be a dad but yeah I'd make a great one". He messes up my hair and I tackle him tickling him then running away "YEAH, YOU BETTER RUN, THE TICKLE MONSTER IS COMING FOR YOU" he shouts chasing after me.

I wish my life was like this, all fun and laughs, like if Jace was Aislinn's father then my life would be perfect. But I guess we can't always have what we want, can we?