Prolouge

The man, a Diamond, stared deeply into his wife's eyes, the stinging of tears threatening his vision.

His wife, a Ruby, smiled softly at the child in her arms. Her ears rang from the noise outside, the prominent smell of disicfectants stinging her nose. The roar of the Keepers shouting grew louder.

"IT'S AN AQUA! OF COURSE THE KEEPERS NEED TO TAKE CARE OF IT!" A tall, bulky man cried, his normally pale, white face flushing red with frustration.

"THERE HAS TO BE A MISTAKE! IT'S NOT AN AQUA! THERE HASN'T BEEN AN AQUA SINCE THE FIRST KEEPER!" A lanky man growled, his crimson face staring down the Diamond Keeper angrily. 

The Aqua Keeper glared at the two Keepers. "There's a small child in that room," The Aqua whispered. "And what would the parents do either way? It's not like they went through the trouble for nothing, only to have their child be taken away by us Keepers. Let them keep the child, Diloman." The Diamond Keeper--Diloman-- let out a rough growl. 

"Fine. Let that Aqua wreck Havoc. You know what the last Aqua Keeper did, Allysie." Diloman grabbed Allysie's keeper necklace, yanking the cord from her neck and shattering the tiny replica Aqua Jewel.

Allysie's breath came uneven, her head snapping from Diloman's hands to the crumpled necklace laying on the ground, the dark blue shards of rock twinkling softly. Without hesitation, Allysie grabbed the largest shard and hurled it at Diloman, bolting out of the room, not waiting to see where it landed. 

She didn't care if she left him bleeding.

She came outside the building, her Sapphire girlfriend --Vera-- waiting patiently.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Allysie blurted, throwing herself into a hug. "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine,"

Oh God, she couldn't stop saying it, stop saying those two words, 'I'm fine, everything's fine'. Those words exploded from her like the blue gem that lay in shards, as Diloman lay wounded, clutching his heart.

But the necklace still twinkled, as if it could see the sun to look up to.