Chapter 6

Mia's pov
I puffed as I ran through the double doors of the dance studio after my chat with justin. "Is Joel in?" I asked the intern at the front desk. "yeah, studio 3" she smiled. I nodded a thank you and turned on my heel walking towards studio 3 to help Joel out considering he was only a year older than me and one of my best friends. I walked through the single door with one glass window on it after looking to see who was in there. The boys were doing their choreography to The Boys by Nicki minaj ft. cassie.
I strolled in casually and waved at Joel. I set my Adidas gym bag down by the mirror and joined the boys in their dance since they only had a couple of lines till the end of the song.
I finished off my final turn and headed to stand in front of them "that was so good!" I exclaimed, stretching out properly just in case I pulled something. Joel approached me with a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck "Justin's back, I needa talk with you" I whispered in his ear. Then I pulled out of his embrace "yo, when you guys finally get a room don't say I didn't tell you" Ryder, one of the dancers said with a smug smirk. "Oh fuck up ryd" Joel joked. "Alright, I gotta go and sort some things out with mia, keep going on that dance"
I walked out of the studio and into the hall "so Justin's back?" Joel asked after closing the door. I nodded while he shook his head with disbelief "he's an ass. Wait how did you know he was back?" He asked, confusing covering his face "at the beach yesterday. Apparently he's some hot shot model and is doing photo shoots her for a week. He's also attending school while he's here" I said, sighing "wait, so what's going on? Does he wanna get back together?" I simply nodded my answer "and do you wanna get back with him?" I shook my head "I just don't know. I mean I love him but he can't just expect to come back and waltz right back into my life!" I said breaking down. Joel caught me before I sunk to the ground and just held me while I cried. "Just know that I will always support your decisions, no matter what it's about, okay?" He said striking my hair. I nodded. "Thank you" just after I said that the studios door flew open and all the boys engulfed me in a hug also. "We don't know what you're crying about but just know we love you okay?" Said Michael, another dancer said. "Yeah and if anyone makes our best friend, sister and lead dancer cry expect the to be pummelled so badly that they won't even remember their own name okay boo?" Ryder said softly "i love you guys so much, seriously. Let's get back into the dance." They all followed my request, thankfully and by the end of the 2 hour slot I had forgotten all about it.
"We should make mia do some cheerleader type shit in the dance" Jake said while the other dancers nodded. "Nope" I said popping the 'p' "it's too close to the comp, changing the routine is too risky" I said taking a gulp of water before screwing the cap back on "we could, if we trained hard enough" Michael said, thinking something over. "I mean, we're all friends at school and we spend all our time together anyway" he continued. I shot Joel a look, pleading him to say no. "Maybe next routine. It's too risky especially since she's the only one specially trained, if she falls we won't know what to do. We aren't catchers so no" Joel said grabbing my hand, pulling me up.
I walked into my room after dance class and dumped my bags on the floor. Joel walked in and plopped onto my bed. "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked walking to the T.V "whatever" he said glancing out the window. He frowned and turned to me "yes, he's living in there" I answered his un-asked question, begging him silently not to push the subject. Thankfully, he got the message.
I put white chicks into the DVD player and ran to my bed. I pressed play on the remote and turned my attention to my favourite movie. "Seriously? I never get to watch this properly because you always know every line." Joel said, annoyed. I gave him a toothy grin "i promise I won't" I said planting a wet kiss on his cheek. He wiped off the remains of what my mouth had left on his cheek and went to growl me but when he looked up my attention was already diverted by the TV.
As hard as it was, I went through the whole movie and only said one line which was "oh what a beautiful chocolate man" and then laugh like a love struck 12 year old.
After the movie finished, Joel left claiming he needed good nights rest before Monday. I hugged him goodbye and shut the door and locked it. I turned around to find my dad glaring at me. "What'd I tell you about bringing boys home?!" He shouted. I could smell the alcohol on his breath "calm down dad it was just Joel" I said, trying not to get angry or this situation would get worse for me. "Just Joel you think?! I see the way you look at him! You look at him like he's your world. Grow up mia!" He raged.
"He's my best friend! Of course I'm going to look at him like he's my fucking world because him and all my friends are! You weren't even there for me when mum died you selfish asshole! You wouldn't know the first thing about me! You haven't even bothered since she died" I said with so much venom. I sprinted up stairs and looked my bedroom door, I opened my third draw and grabbed the bottle of vodka I had stored in there for times similar of the sort and climbed onto my roof. I sat right at the top where the two sides meet because there was a flat part there. I had no chance of slipping while I'm drunk. Once I got to the top of the roof I popped the top of the bottle and brought my lips to the edge of the glass bottle and let the intoxicating liquid burn down my throat. Eventually I got used to the taste because I drank quater of the bottle that night. As I was about to take a swig from the bottle someone stopped me. They grabbed the bottle and skulled some back. I turned my neck to see justin glancing out into the distance of my home town. He rested his hand around my waist and we stayed like that for a little while. It was kind of ironic if you ask me.