T H E S U R P R I SE

Will bursted into tears, he ran into Mike's arms and just held him and didn't let go, it started to rain. Will and Mike were both hugging, but then, they kissed. This kiss meant everything. Everything that Mike had said too Will this summer flew away with all the other bad memories. Will went over to Castle Byers, he even noticed the flag, and he sobbed even harder. "Mikey- I love you." Will looked at Mike, "I love you, too.. Willie!" Mike felt like they were in Kindergarten again, the nicknames, except, they were together, just the way Mike liked it. Then, Will heard a startling voice, "Will?" Lonnie Byers called. "We have to go. NOW!" Will yelled, But, too late. Lonnie had heard Will. "Hey! What son of mine has a rainbow flag? Will! I can't believe you." Lonnie balled his fist and came towards Will, "You faggot, go to hell." Lonnie punched Will, Will was strong, he pulled away. "WILL!" Mike cried, "Oh, who are you? Faggot #2?" Lonnie now focused on Mike, Mike nodded. They heard something. Something rattle in the trees. It was Eleven. She burst out of the tree, angry and mad. She snapped at Lonnie and lifted him in the air. "Eleven." Mike said, "Go to hell." Eleven said, she snapped his neck and threw him against a tree. "Call Hopper. Now." Eleven said, "Ok." Mike and Will ran back to Will's house. They threw open the door and called Hopper. 

Hopper: This is Hopper.

Mike: Hopper, listen. Will got hurt.

Hopper: Why? Is he ok? Where's Joyce?

Mike: His face is bleeding, but he's ok. Ms. Byers is at work.

Hopper: Did someone hit him?

Mike: Yes. Lonnie. 

Hopper: Son of a bitch. Ok, I'll be there.

     "Thank you, baby." Will said, panting. Eleven and Max burst in the door. "Hi. Is Will ok?" Eleven said, "Yeah.. my face. It stings. But, I'm ok." Will explained to everyone, "Did you show hi-" Dustin started, then saw Mike crying down by Will's side and Eleven with a washcloth, "What the hell happened?" Lucas yelled.  "Dustin. Lucas. You know Will's gay, right?" Mike said, Lucas and Dustin nodded, "Well.. me and Will..we are together." Mike said, Lucas and Dustin looked at each other, and said, "Yeah. We kind of thought so when you wanted to re-do Will's hut." Dustin chuckled, Mike and Will hugged. "This isn't ok! That shit-head shouldn't have done that, Will." Max yelled, "I know. My dad. He hates gays." Will said, Hoppers car went by the house. They all ran out to Castle Byers, Mike and Will stayed home. "Will. I need to talk to you." Mike said, his hand on his lap, "Yeah, Mikey?" Will said, "I think I need to come out to my mom." Mike said, crying, "Yeah... Mikey. You do." Will said, holding Mike's hand.  "I'll do it  when I come home tomorrow. I won't tell my dad, just Nancy and Mom." Mike said. "I love you." Will said, "Not as much as I love you." Mike said, "Fight me, Wheeler!" Will softly hit Mike with a pillow, and then Mike and Will were laying side by side, and then they heard Joyce. "Will?!" she called from outside, she opened the door to see Will and Mike. "Mom. Hi!" Will was happy to see his mom. "Hi, Ms. Byers!" Mike greeted, "Oh, honey! Call me Joyce." Joyce winked. Then, she noticed Will's face,  "What happened?" Joyce went to go get an ice pack, "Lonnie. He found me and Mike." Will held out his hand for Mike to take. Joyce looked at them combining hands, "Are you guys-" Joyce couldn't finish the sentence before Will said, "Yes. Mom and if you don't accept me, I'll run away. I can't deal with this anymore." Will sobbed, Joyce broke down in tears and hugged Will and Mike, and she looked at them with such kindness, "Hopper's arresting dad, Mom." Will whispered quietly, Joyce nodded. About five minutes later,  Hopper knocked on the door for Joyce to answer, "Oh.. hey, Joyce! I wanted to step in for a minute." Hopper smiled, "Of course." Joyce waved him in, Hopper came and sat by the two boys. Mike and Will looked at each others. "So.. Lonnie was telling me about something about 'his son being gay'" Hopper quoted Lonnie. "Um.. yeah, I am." Will felt ashamed. "And I'm his boyfriend." Mike put his arm on Will's back. "Oh. Um- Boys. It's not safe for you all out there. You all need to take some time for yourselves in private. Keep your alls relationship here and Mike's house. Nod if you understand." Hopper said, Mike and Will nodded.  Hopper got up and went to find Joyce. "I love you so much." Will said. "I love you too." Mike said. They hugged and kissed. Eleven busted open the door, and Max and the gang followed, they had a body of a Demo-dog.