𝑹𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕: Henry

Request by rose-coloredgrl
Hope you like it❣️is a bit short x

-

Skipping class, again.

I wouldn't really classify it as skipping anymore, I've done so much it's just not going to class to me. They're the same thing but it's a nicer saying at least.
I leaned against the hard brick wall, the wind breezing by and making my nose sting.
It was of those days in Derry, instead of the usual sunny, slightly cloudy weather, it was rainy and the wind just wouldn't stop.
I tucked my hair behind my ear, not wanting a sea of wavy blue in my face. I stuffed my hand into the pocket of my coat, leaning my head back and closing my eyes.
I decided I would try and chill for a bit, before I eventually got caught by a teacher.

After a few minutes, I heard the sound of footsteps stop at the my left.
I opened my eyes and looked over, I saw the familiar kid with the blonde mullet and tank.
Henry Bowers.
He wasn't a kid at all actually, he was in my grade and in plenty of my classes. I just referred to him as such, I've never talked him before, an assumption about him I guess.

"Skipping?" He asked. His voice was grainy and tired.

I saw he was looking at me while he said so; I nodded in response.
We sat in silence for a few moments, the wind picking up speed.
I pursued my lips and looked over at him, eying the red tank cut off. In this weather?

"How are you not freezing?" I asked, a tad surprised.

He chuckled. "I'm used to it."

I studied his face, he seemed more normal than I heard. Everyone called him a bully, a violent and cruel person. I could be wrong though.

"Where's your gang?" I asked.

Henry rolled his eyes.

"They're not my gang."

I hummed in response, not believing a word of it.

"You got a light?" Henry held up a fresh cigarette.

I gave a sassy 'really?' look at him, kicking fun with him.

"I know you do," He gave me a stern, almost joking look. "cuff up."

I grabbed the red lighter from the heel of my lace up boots, the only place i could keep it without getting caught.

Henry quickly lit the cigarette, taking a long drag from it.

"So, smoking, huh?" I grinned.

-