The Scene

I saw you eating in the cafeteria with your friends. You caught my eye in that weird way where I don't want to look away. 

I didn't know what to do. I desperately wanted to know you but I really didn't know what I was supposed to do. Well I'm lying! I wanted to talk to you but you were with your friends and I couldn't think of anything to say. So I told myself the next time I see you I would talk to you.

I decided to go to the same cafeteria everyday to have lunch in the hopes that I might see you again. This time I wouldn't be nervous I would walk up to you. I wouldn't be shy. 

Funnily enough, here you are at the same place the next day. This time you're here with different friends. I look at you in hopes of catching your gaze. I think you noticed me. I tried to make it clear that I was interested but I couldn't put my finger on how you felt or if you liked me or not. By some magical power I expected you to know how I was feeling from across the room.

I don't understand why I was feeling so shy!

I don't know why I felt this way!

It was this weird feeling like there were butterflies in my stomach. I felt really weak. Most of all I was afraid that maybe I wouldn't be able to have you.

Then you get up and leave. I can't believe it. I wasted my chance to talk to you again. But what could I do? You were with your friends and I was all on my own. I cant just walk up to you and say "Hi" and ask you out with your friends around. 

I know I'm making excuses but I felt so nervous. It's like I had no control over myself. I suddenly lost the ability to speak.

I guess I'll never know what could have have happened if I spoke to you. The girl from the cafeteria.