Chapter 58

Although Ignacio knew that he had never committed any heinous crimes, he was still worried. Even the knowledge that the bad things he did were just normal, run of the mill things didn't make him feel any less terrified when the screens turned on.

Amber and he haven't even started their relationship, yet already, she would have to see all the skeletons in his closet. It would be overwhelming for anyone, let alone for the two people who were just about to start their relationship.

The moment displayed on the screen was one he remembered vividly. It was one of the first times he felt more anger than he was able to control.

A guy at school, Patrick, was making fun of him, of his family.

"You are insane, and your whole family is the same," Patrick said.

Watching it on the screen felt like reliving it again. However, there was only a memory, a small trace of the anger left behind in his heart.

Suddenly, the Ignacio on the screen ran towards the taunting boy and punched him in the face. He kept on punching until he was pulled away screaming and thrashing.

"You'll see who is insane!" Ignacio on the screen hollered as he was being dragged away.

"That's not what happened! I walked away! That was the first time I punched my hand through a wall." Ignacio said.

"Maybe not, but this is what you were thinking, what you were imagining while punching through the said wall. Imagining doing something evil and doing it are the same thing. Everyone knows that." Ci Nada said with a wicked smile.

"No, it's not!" Ignacio yelled.

"There it is. The Anger Monster, that you keep trying to hide, has come out to play, again." Ci Nada said.

All the while, she kept looking at Amber whose facial expressions revealed nothing.

Ci Nada could just imagine the anger, the pain, betrayal, that Amber was feeling and enjoyed the idea that she was not alone in her misery. It never occurred to her to wonder if it was her pain or Amber's she was feeling.

Before anger could once again return as Ignacio's constant companion, Amber put a soothing hand on his shoulder. Her gentle touch, it's magnificent warmth, keeping the anger at bay.

Ignacio was astonished. He was never able to control his anger completely, but one touch of Amber's hand dispersed all of it.

"Don't let her win. That is what she wants. Don't give her the pleasure.

Besides, I've felt like punching someone many times before, and trust me, there is a huge difference between thinking about it and doing it. It makes all the difference." Amber said.

Ci Nada was annoyed by the turn of events, which could be seen in her brisk pacing, but she didn't give up.

"Very well, you've asked for it being all reasonable and accepting." Ci Nada said spitting out words like daggers.

The screen suddenly changed, and there was a kind of montage, the way they did it in some romantic movies in Amber and Ignacio's world. However, there was one notable difference.

Whereas in romantic movies, the montage usually involved two of the same people in love doing romantic things in different settings, the one of Ignacio's romantic life was different. It was him changing girlfriends often and sometimes even after the first date.

The list kept running and Ci Nada made sure to linger on the memories in which the girls cried and begged him not to leave them, but he always did.

"You see, Amber. They always leave. They stab you through the heart and leave, letting you bleed out.

You are just the next one on his list, and he will get tired of you, soon." Ci Nada said.

She was encouraged by Amber's awkward shuffling at first but yet again the stubborn creature managed to burst her bubble.

"That's okay. We all have our own past. We can't change it.

I don't care what kind of person you were, I care about the person standing in front of me now. I care about the way the past shaped you to become this amazing person that I had the privilege to meet."Amber said, addressing only Ignacio.

Then she hugged him tightly and kissed him with all the love she could muster which made Ci Nada turn red in anger. She wasn't expecting separating them would be that hard.

"Enough!" She yelled pulling them apart with her powers.

"You talk about the past not being important. Let's see if Ignacio will think the same." Ci Nada said.

Amber was becoming one of Ci Nada's most hated humans. She destroyed all her plans and that was enough to enrage the dark fairy and make her want Amber to pay dearly.

Soon, the screens changed, yet again, and Amber could be seen talking on the island with Jade. It was a montage of all the bad things she had ever said about Ignacio with none of the good ones.

Ignacio's heart started beating faster.

His hands started sweating.

The nightmare he had was becoming a reality.

He could have withstood watching Amber's past even if she had done the most horrible things, but seeing himself through her eyes was heartbreaking. Every sentence was like another nail to his coffin.

His heart ached, and tears filled his eyes.

"Ignacio, look at me! Look at me!" Amber yelled.

He hesitantly did so, getting lost in her comforting eyes. Even when hearing awful things coming from Amber on the screen, at least awful to him, Amber's eyes were his harbor.

"This is all out of context. Don't listen to it. We all say things we don't mean or think we mean.

You know that sometimes I think you act like an idiot, but I love you, no matter what. We haven't known each other for long, but I am the type of person who just knows. And I know this, no matter what you do or say, or what I say, you are still my idiot whom I love and treasure." She said.

That being said, Ignacio stood up a bit straighter, more confident, as if a burden had been lifted. There was a fire of determination burning in his eyes. Her words were comforting, they helped him find in himself the strength to believe and accept the truth.

No matter how much he believed that he didn't deserve Amber's love, he had it, and she had his love. It was enough to help them start something beautiful, but first, they had to find a way out of the vicious circle that Ci Nada kept them in.

"That is enough!"He yelled.

As he said that, the screens shattered with glass raining down on them.

Ignacio looked at his raised hands with wonder, and that was when he realized his powers were back. He didn't know how or why, but he didn't care. Whatever the reason, he was just happy that he was no longer defenseless.

"Let's see how you are with people who can defend themselves," Ignacio said as he and Amber got ready to fight their way out of the nightmare.