Part 3

Skype for Business, Gillian Corporation

From: Minsun

Sent: 13:14, Feb 28

So. People are getting drinks after work

From: You

Sent: 13:16, Feb 28

Really? Where?

From: Minsun

Sent: 13:16, Feb 28

Does it matter? Let's get druuuuunk

From: You

Sent: 13:17, Feb 28

Lololol fine I'm in

From: Minsun

Sent: 13:19, Feb 28

Cool, I just texted Jin

He's bringing Jimin

From: You

Sent: 13:25, Feb 28

Sounds good

From: Minsun

Sent: 13:26, Feb 28

Annnd Jin's cousin ;)

Sinking low in your chair, you stare at the screen of your blinking monitor. All around you people are working, chattering to one another while the work week draws to a close. Minsun has been teasing you for awhile about introducing you to Seokjin's cousin. It has always been a hypothetical thing because Seokjin's cousin used to live in New York, making any kind of relationship impossible. Now though, he has moved to your city.

Sungmin – the cousin – lives about two blocks away and Minsun is all about the match. She keeps going on and on about how well the two of you would get along; he is smart, she tells you. Funny, interesting and absolutely perfect for you.

For all the same reasons, you find yourself hesitant. The answer you usually give to blind dates is a no. No, you are not looking for more; no, you are happy being single and no, you do not want to face the possibility of rejection. You have had enough rejection in the past year of single dating.

Besides – blind dates are always awkward. They are full of awkward first kisses, awkward first times and awkward goodbyes.

It is definitely not at the top of your list to meet Sungmin – but you have already agreed to go to the bar tonight and, gritting your teeth, you type back.

From: You

Sent: 13:31, Feb 28

Fine. I'll go – but you owe me

From: Minsun

Sent: 13:32, Feb 28

Please. You'll thank me when we throw our double wedding

You snort, glancing up from your monitor. In the next cubicle, George gives you a pointed look at the disruption. Wincing, you mouth a silent apology and turn away. When George returns to his screens, you sigh and slump even lower into your chair. George is the office kiss-ass, willing to do anything and everything in order to get ahead.

Peering over the top of your monitor, you notice a new message blinking in the corner of your screen.

From: Namjoon

Sent: 13:43, Feb 28

When are we getting out of here?

Grinning, you lower your fingers to type. Namjoon is one of your oldest friends, besides Minsun. He actually was the one who introduced you to Jimin and Seokjin in the first place.