Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 : Rᴇɢʀᴇᴛ

Rosé POV

"I'm sorry," I whispered and cried.

Flashback

It was three days before Jungkook was gonna come back after a month of holiday with his friends in Bora Bora.

I just finished buying some groceries when suddenly, a boy's ball rolled onto the streets. He was about to walk to it but I stopped him.

"I'll go get it, you might get hurt," I smiled and put my groceries down before walking to the middle of the street to get the ball.

After I picked it up, I was about to walk to the boy when I heard a really loud horn.

I looked forward and saw a truck heading my way. I didn't know what to do.

I was soo scared so I threw the ball to the boy's direction as I screamed loudly.

After that, I felt my body fly across the street and plummet to the cold cement. My head was hurting, I couldn't move.

"I'm sorry kookie..." I whispered weakly before everything went black.

End of flashback

While I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't realise that Jungkook was right next to me calling me.

"Rosie? Are you okay? Why are you crying?" he kept asking me softly and wiped my tears off with his thumb.

I snapped back into reality and looked at him slowly.

"Hm? Yea...im fine just stressed about stuff," I smiled.

He smiled back and we cuddled on the swing as we stared at the peaceful view infront of us.

I'm soo worried...what if he finds out? I'm sure he'll be hurt if he does.

Time skip
It was already in the afternoon and Jungkook had to go out for a while.

I am now cooking lunch for both of us. After I finished preparing the dining table, I took a seat and grabbed my phone before calling jungkook to coke home for lunch.

He said he'll be there in 5 minutes so I waited.

It's been 25 minutes and the food is already cold.

I was about to pack up the food when I suddenly felt a pair of arms hugging my neck from behind.

I recognised who it was from just the scent of his cologne.

"Kookie-ah," I whined.

"I"m sorry I'm late, baby," he apologised and pecked the crown of my head.

"It's fine but the food is cold now," I pouted then he made my chair face him and he crouched to my level.

"It's okay, atleast you're eating with me, that makes it taste soo much better," he said softly and smiled before pecking my forehead.

I smiled and told him to sit and we both ate lunch with chats and laughter.

After we finished eating, I washed the dishes and joined Jungkook on the couch and just cuddled in peace.

"Jungkook..." I said, breaking the silence.

"Hm?" he hummed in response.

"If I go away one day, will you promise me to always be happy and never forget me?" I asked him and he faced me in shock.

"Why are you saying that? Are you planing to go anywhere? Is there something wrong? Health?" he asks me but I just ignored his questions.

"Will you promise me?" I asked again.

He pulled me closer to his chest and tightened the embrace before I rest my head on his chest.

"I promise," he sighed and took my hand before caressing the back of it with his thumb.