1- a day out

[set in the 1800's]

It was a normal day for mingi- a usual day of working on the plow field with his plow mates Choi San, jeong yunho, and Jung wooyoung.
The weather was scorching hot but at least the breeze was cool enough to cool them down. Many a time did they want to stop and take a break, feeling the breeze blow softly past every inch of their half naked bodies, but if they stopped, they knew what trouble it would bring.Massa- he'd bring out the whip, line them up in a row, side by side, and go on and on about how he didn't bring them there to feel the wind, but to bring in money for the farm.
He would say, "I ain't feeding yous lot just for ya to slack off and breathe. You breathe when I tell'ya and ya eat when I tell'ya so ya gone gosh darn work when I tell'ya, hear?!" And he would yell it 'til they understood that meant it with every fiber of his body. He would whip the whip around while saying it too like the lot of them was gonna get scared by it. He ain't never use the whip anyhow. He loved his slaves like his own wife and child; he wouldn't do to them what he wouldn't do to his wife and kid.

Mingi wiped his brow, the sweat from it dropping from the tip of his finger. "Yunho!" He yelled. "Ya done plowing that side of the feild yet?" He asked, throwing his plow to the side. He squinted his eyes, protecting his retinas from the light of the sun. Yunho threw his plow down as well. "Yeah, mingi! I'm finished!" He said making his way over to mingi. They smiled at each other as they made their way towards each other.

"Ready to head back, babe?" Yunho asked mingi as he reached out for his hand. Mingi nods his head, but pulls his hand away from yunho as they walk back to their shed. "What's wrong, baby?" Yunho asks as he slows down. He looks at mingi,.concerned that something may be wrong with him.
"It's nothing... but, master caught us last time..you know... kissing," mingi said shyly but hints of dread at the thought that they may be caught again crept into his gut. "And so what about it? What's he gonna do bout it, kill us?" Yunho said frustratedly. He stopped walking and mingi did as well. They faced each other. "Well, we don't know what he gone do, yunho. I just don't want nothin' bad to happen." Mingi answered. Yunho grabbed mingi's shoulders, sighing.

"Baby, he ain't gone do nothin' to us. He can't even crack that useless whip of his unless he cracking it for his wife in that dirty bedroom of his," yunho assures mingi. Mingi still looks unsure. "He don't like it when we do gay stuff, yunho. He said it's the devil's influence in us and if we continue, we going to-" " we ain't goin" no where but up, baby. Us two kissing ain't nothing but a thang, okay?" Yunho cut him off.

When mingi sighs again, yunho kisses him, his lips pressing hard against the others In an attempt to make him feel better about the situation. Yunho pulls away.

"We gone be fine, baby. As long as you got me, we gone be fine." He assures him. Mingi smiles and nods, then finally, they make they're way to their little shed.

Mingi and Yunho sat there holding hands, sitting on a stack of hay. Mingi laid in yunhos lap, talking and smiling and laughing about a joke yunho told.

"Mingi!" They hear a angry voice call out. Mingi's heart dropped. He knew this would happen. He instantly recognized the voice, the voice of his master. He knew he would find out they were together again; Massa was always watching everything they did.
Mingi looked at yunho, fear in his eyes. Yunho gulped. "Well, you don't wanna keep massa waiting now..." He said and helped mingi up.

Mingi made his way towards his master's house, kneeling on the porch steps when he arrives.
"Yes Massa?" He says. Massa hongjoong stood there in his leopard print coat- his pride- and a small switch in his hand. He clicked his tongue, signaling for mingi to look at him. "Come here, boy" he tells mingi as he walks back into the house.

Mingi walks in, not knowing what awaits him...