𝐈𝐈.

"Ro," I gasped as I laid eyes on the most beautiful piece of jewelry I've ever seen

"Ro," I gasped as I laid eyes on the most beautiful piece of jewelry I've ever seen. It was just laying the in its case, shining brighter than anything. I was almost too scared to pick it up; I didn't want to fuck it up. I looked at him from where I sat, tears forming in the ducts of my eyes "Ro, baby what is this?" I mean I absolutely knew what it was but my brain and mouth weren't in sync as of now.

His deep chuckled rang through the car and his teeth were exposed through his lips "Just a lil something for you mamas. You like?" I looked back at the diamond necklace in the case then back up at him.

"But you shouldn't have. It's your birthday, you shouldn't be getting me anything. Plus you already know I don't like it when you spend on me- more than you do already." Most girls I knew would kill for a guy to shower them with jewelry, especially unannounced but I felt it was too much.

Our situation was already unique and a bit hard for me to be fully comfortable with without him splurging on me like this.

"Come on now Laysia," he sucked his teeth. He hated that I didn't just accept his gifts without any questions "I have told you many times that I make more than I know what to do with. I want to spend it on you, hell I would give you your own card if you weren't so goddamn thick-headed." I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes slightly.

"But Ro-."

"No." He lifted his right hand and grabbed my jaw bringing me closer to his face. I took this time to asses his features like I did every time we were very close. To this day I don't think I've seen a man so handsome. Perfectly smooth, rich and dark brown skin. I swear I could never find a pore. His nose perfect, smile perfect, everything about him was just perfect. "You're taking it. No more arguments."

He looked me in eyes, his searching, almost daring me to protest. And would I? No, because no matter how much I complained, I knew, in the end, he would have his way. "Thank you," I said with a defeated smile. He smirked and pecked my lips.

"Good girl. Now turn around and let daddy put this on you." I did as instructed and turned my body around. I pulled my hair to one side as I exposed my neck to him. Expecting a cold piece of jewelry to be laced around my neck, I felt a soft pair of lips instead.

"Ro," I said biting my lip, stifling a moan. He chuckled, kissed the name of my neck again before pulling away and securing the necklace on me.

"If we weren't pressed for time right now Laysia if we weren't pressed for time." I internally thanked God for that because we were still on my street and he had no kind of self-control. I didn't want my nose neighbors seeing anything. After putting my hair back down my back, I pulled down the visor mirror and looked at my neck.

I couldn't lie, it was so gorgeous and my smile told him all he already knew. "You like it?"

I turned to him and smiling, took my hands and held the sides of his face bringing him closer to me. "I love it, Ro." I placed a simple kiss on his lips and when I went to pull away he wasn't having it. "R-."