Chapter 2 - A Stranger

Y/N's POV

The glow of dawn flooded into the caved shelter, the lightened wake up call provoked an echo on grunts and groans from Laini and the other lionesses. However, your restlessness filled you with anxiety for the day ahead as your paws traced the ends of the cave with a pacing trot.
  "Y/N, would you like to join me for a hunt?", Laini requested, awfully confident from his past queries, provoking you to snarl lowly into his cocky eyes. "For the record", you say twisting your back towards the male, "YOU, shall be joining ME", you exclaim sharply as you trot out of the shelter and into the daylight ridden chasm. Laini stalks close to you as you both pursue the stretch of decayed land, high above the canyon that seems unreal to how low they were last night.
  You overlook the breadth of the deserted dry lands to scan traces of breakfast, but no sound nor smell of life materialized, the land was drained to nothingness.
"Let's move inland to the termite mounds. There is bound to be natural life", You assert, concentrated on providing for your accomplices. "Don't you think that's too far from home ground?", Laini concerns. You give him a distasteful glance, "If your not focused on survival here, move downwind.", you snap and then gallop steadily across the chasm and onwards to the heartland.

  Your eyes assert onto an imposing clay mound, scuttling dark dabs scattering across the curves and rises. Dark shadows shifted across your view, provoking you to duck down in a pouncing stand to prepare for hunt. A notabely large beast begun to make its way across the area in front of your glimpse. This was the time. You discharge your hind legs in a launch as your arms spring out in front of your eyes as you decline onto the impressive fiend with the force of a rhino.
Shock floods over you like the rivers into the savanna, your muscles dwindle under you and begin to tremble. Pinned under your mass was no prey or wildebeest, for it was indeed a grown male lion, with a chocolate flowing mane and gorgeous red going into brown fur. His face expressed more confusion that a bird who didn't know how to fly. 

  His face shifted rapidly into a fierce snarl as his brute strength launched you upwards for you to tumble onto the hard, cracked rock next to him. The male swaggered over your fallen mass as his cold-blooded eyes loomed over your's. Your throat was grasped in a jail of razor-sharp claws, for the first time since you were a cub, you felt weak and vulnerable. "Your not supposed to be here.", he uttered slowly. Your heart raced at the speed of time and your voice cracked and shook under fear, "P-please. Let me go, i will run and take mine afar. Have mercy for a fellow lion.", you replied, trying to gather back all your fierceness into your words to intimidate this young male.
  The male loosened his limbs and raised his right eyebrow slowly. He was assailable, now was your chance to take action. You roared ferociously as you swiped your claws into his snout, etching your claws to make a cut in his snout. He snarled in pain and fell back onto his hind legs to then plummet down into the rock. You began to dart for the chasm not far behind when something stops you, a voice in your conscience, halts you. "Help him."