♡13♡

[Name] held onto that letter tight in her hand. On the short walk back to her apartment, she rewound back everything that happened, to every word they said to each other...and everything they confessed almost confessed from the heart, that is. She was shaking and yet smiling because that heart of hers danced in excitement.

Itachi said his feelings for her were the same, they never changed. Does that mean...he still loved her like she...

"Fuck."

Now standing in her living room, she glanced at the letter and bit her lip. Nerves, excitement and fear was all that ran through her. She sat down and tried to get comfy, but she couldn't. So she went towards the kitchen and sat on the bar stool, slapped the letter on the island and settled her elbows on the surface, but she was uncomfortable. She then decided to go to her bedroom and went to sit but the sight of an unmade bed disturbed her so [Name] went ahead and did that first.

And when the bed was complete and pressed by the palms of her hands, [Name] sat down, leaned back on the headboard and crossed her legs at the ankles before bringing up the letter. She bit her lip again and chewed on it for a moment as she contemplated on stupid questions.

What could it say? Was it a long or short letter? Will it be written in pen or pencil? Maybe the words are smeared and unreadable...

But most importantly, how would she feel after reading this letter?

That was the question that stopped her from opening it. Granted she was stalling because of how nervous she felt but dammit she would laugh about how childish she felt. Well you won't find out the answers to your questions if you sit here like an idiot, she self-lectured, and with a frustrated sigh, [Name] finally gathered courage and started to pick at the corner of the letter, when her phone decided to ring.

Her eyes went to the screen to read Hinata's name across it and tilted her head, wondering why she would call so early in the day, and especially when [Name] was already halfway to reading that letter finally. If it were someone else, she would let that call go to voicemail, but Hinata was dear to her as a friend, so she set down the letter and picked up her phone.

"Hey, Hinata!" she greeted happily, inwardly relieved her attention was taken away, "what's going on?"

"Uh, well, we are waiting for you," Hinata giggled through the phone and [Name] stilled.

Were there plans today? Plans she had zero clue about? She looked at her calendar and was shocked to see words written on today's date to remind her of the plans. Indeed, there were plans today.

"Well shit I forgot," she replied dumbly and stood to find clean clothes so she could get ready.

"Hey no worries, we still have about 20 minutes until our dress fittings," Hinata settled, "Just let me know when you're here, okay? Don't rush over, cause I know you get quite reckless when in a hurr

At that moment, there was a thump through the receiver and Hinata silenced.

"I'm okay!" [Name] sprung up from the floor after taking a tumble while trying to slip into her jeans and picked up a sweater to cover her bandaged arms. "You were saying?"

Hinata was just finished with her fits of giggles. "Never mind, just be careful on your way over."

...

Itachi sat waiting as he scrolled through his phone. After waking up to [Name] he made sure to fulfill his duty of getting a hold of the groom later that day, who was fashionably late. It was strange for his friend to be missing so long, so not only was Itachi doing [Name] a favor but he wanted a talk with Shisui to settle some issues straight. He was looking up every few minutes towards the front doors, finding nothing everytime so he just went ahead and focused on his phone. But in reality he couldn't help but think back on this morning. He was still surprised the bold move [Name] made, though she was just being helpful – that's just who she is. A chunk of time passed by them and yet nothing much had changed. Except now she's got a hold of his letter.