Of History

Title: Through the Years

Anime/Manga: Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Boku no Hero Academia

Chapter: 3 - Of History

~

Tsuna was in a deep predicament, and it had to deal with her new Quirk. The police took the assassin after ten minutes lying on the ground, unconscious with third-degree burns. Detective Tsukauchi Naomasa interrogated the family about what happened, and while Nono and Iemitsu replied with professional ease, Tsuna kept silent. The detective was, indeed, a friendly man who took her state of being in consideration. But she couldn't bring herself to talk, not when the assassin's burned body plagued her mind. In the end, the police force left along with the intruder, satisfied with the information Nono and Iemitsu had given them. 

Loud screams of agony filled her eyes, pushing away the voice that asked what her will is.

Tsuna collapsed to the ground as her small body shook with sobs. She could only stare at the man in front of her, curling in pain with Flames covering his whole person. She covered her mouth and nose with both hands; the scent of burning flesh was blocked.

Tsuna brokenly whispered out, "I'm sorry."

Shouto... How will Shouto react at the sight of Tsuna's Flames? He hated fire, he rejected it, because anything fire-related reminded him of Todoroki Enji. Tsuna flinched as the image of Shouto's hateful glare popped in her mind. Fear, doubt, despair, and sadness meshed together in her chest.

Nono felt her Flames lash out uncontrollably, swirling like a hurricane in distress. He crouched in front of her and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright, Tsuna?" He sent some of his Flame's Essense into her, and Tsuna slightly relaxed as the warmth. It felt like home, the caring presence of a grandfather. "I'm sorry you had to go through that, my dear, but it appears that you have gained something favorable out of it."

Favorable...?

She looked up and blinked at the lard look in his old eyes. "Do you mean my Flames?"

He nodded sagely as if he knew the time was bound to come. "Yes. Come, I must explain the story behind our powers and our Fate. Iemitsu, put up a barrier around the house."

"Yes, sir."

Nono stood up with her hand in his. "It all begins back to Giotto, Tsuna. This is Vongola."

~

"It all began 500 years ago with a boy named Giotto, an Italian orphan abandoned at the age of ten. He was a lonely child, no family or friends or protection. Because of that, however, he saw the dark horrors of the world, especially in the rural alleyways and abandoned areas. He relied on himself with no one else to rely on. That is how Hyper Intuition manifested.

"It started off as a need to survive, but as Giotto grew older, it became more than just instinct. It wasn't considered as a Quirk, Tsuna, since he acquired this power 300 years before the first emergence of the Quirk in Qingqing. It grew stronger as he avoided kidnappings, fights, death...Without it, not only wouldn't he had survived up to his teenage years, he wouldn't have met his first friend, G."

At the last statement, she blinked. Nono looked down at her, smiling knowingly. "If I remember with this old brain of mine, Iemitsu told me you met your first friend with your Hyper Intuition. What was his name again--"

"Shouto."

"Ah, yes, Shouto. As I was saying, Giotto met G, and he too was an orphan, although a noble once upon a time. Hardheaded yet intelligent he was claimed to be, G became the most loyal companion to Giotto. One by one, Giotto gained more friends, more followers. How do you think he did it, my child?"