chapter 7

Chapter Seven

“Sis, wake up you have to go to school.” Nick said. “No, I don’t. I can be home schooled.” I wined into the pillow. “Fine then, you asked for this.” Nick said swing me into his arms bridal style. “AHHH!” I screamed in shock as Nick carried me downstairs and set me on the couch. “Check your blood sugar, sweetheart.” Nick said. “Nicky I don’t want to, I am afraid of needles.” I pouted and Nick took my hand. “I’ll do it for you, this time. Then you do it next time, deal?” Nick asked and I nodded. “120, perfect sweetie.” Nick said bringing me into a hug.

“Where’s Kevin?” I asked and Nick’s smile turned into a sad frown. “He hasn’t come home has he?” I asked and Nick shook his head. “Whatever.” I said with tears in my eyes. I ran from the room with my vision blurry with tears. As I ran I tripped over Elvis, Nick’s dog and fell face first into the heard wood floor.

 I stopped my face from hitting the ground by putting my arms in front of my. When I landed I heard my right arm creak and I let out a shriek of pain. My arm was broken and I knew it. I heard my brothers running to find me so I got up and ran to the hallway closet. I had in there because I didn’t want them see me cry. “Brook, where are you? Are you alright?” Joe’s voice rang through the hall. I clutched my arm to my chest and curled up into a tight ball. I tried to muffle my cried but couldn’t and was soon found.

“What happened Brook?” Nick said crouched in front of me. “I don’t want to talk about it, could you just please take me to the hospital.” I begged. He nodded and picked me up carefully, making sure he didn’t hurt the arm I was clutching to my chest.

“Joe, Help!” Nick screamed as we headed to the door. “Open the door.” Nick said before Joe could ask questions. Joe was about to open the door when it swung open hitting Joe in the face. Joe let out a muffled scream. “Nick hospital?” Joe asked walking behind us. “Heading there anyway.” I watched as Kevin walked in through the door. “Kev, I’m going to kill you, I think you broke my nose.” Joe said and I giggled.

Nick set me in the car and was about to get in the front seat when…