The change

Diya's POV

Right now I am waiting at some bus station until Anuraag comes with our bus tickets.

"Newly married?" A random lady asked.
"Y-yes.." I hesitated.
"Congratulations, how long?" She asked again.
"Yesterday.."
"Oh, so are you heading to your honeymoon destination?"

This is getting annoying, I need to shoo her away.

"Oh my god, are you okay dear?" She asked when I pretended to vomit.

"Yes, I am, morning sickness you know?" I implied with awkward laugh.
"You are pregnant?—kids these days, shiv,shiv." She said in pure disgust and disbelief and walked away from me.

Phew. Saved by the act. I thought to myself in relief.

"Diya, lets go....— did you know that lady?" Anuraag asked.
"No," I replied vaguely.

We both ascended on the bus, I felt his hand on my back, as he held the fabric of my sari, saving it from trailing. "This way, Diya." He murmured softly, making a barrier between me and the crowd on the bus, with his arms, until we settled on our seats. There was deep silence between us but not awkward.

The cold wind was blowing as the bus window was open. My thoughts wander back to my wedding...I still can't digest the fact that yesterday changed my present and future, I was supposed to be married to my chosen husband, Araav, but he didn't show up.

"Who will marry, her?... Maybe she has some flaws apart from her blindness." Words echoed in my ears.

"I will marry her," Anuraag said, from a distance. And without thinking more than twice and keeping my family on my mind, I agreed to marry him, knowing that my family's reputation is on-line.
I am still wondering, why did he agree to marry someone like me. He could have chosen to witness the situation in silence and then gone back to his life, forgetting everything, what happened here?

Now that I am thinking, I don't even know him, apart from him being my brother's best friend.

Should I ask him, why did he agree to marry me?

Suddenly I felt his head on my shoulder, I tried to move but he caged me with his other hand. His slow yet deep breath felt warm on my neck.

Is he asleep? Should I wake him up? I think I should.

"A-Anuraag," I shake him by his hand, which lay in my lap.
"I am sorry, I fall asleep on you—
"It's okay...I just wanted if you could tell me what time is it, now?"

"4:30 am,—are you feeling cold?" He asked worriedly.
"I-I am— before I could say something, he put his jacket on my shoulder.

Why is he being so nice to me?

The passengers of Flight number 099, please proceed to Terminal G.

As we boarded the plane, I felt a sudden panic, I still couldn't believe that I was leaving my country—when I was a child, I always wished that if I could see again then I will visit placed to places in my country to see the beauty of it.

In my life, I never ever thought that I will leave my country, with someone I don't even know properly.

"Diya—don't worry I am right by your side." I heard his voice, tearing my fears apart with is comforting words. He helped me fasten my seat belt and held my hand comfortingly when the plane took off. But minutes later I removed my hand from his, I sensed him shifting awkwardly, I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep.

Anuraag's POV

She looked so tired that she fell asleep on my shoulder, I didn't move a muscle, trying not waking her up, I took a moment and glanced at her, I wondered why she is avoiding me, not talking to me at all, even though she is with me, I still feel like she's not.

I slowly rested my head on her, without realizing, my eyelids felt heavy because of traveling for so long. Her red bangles crinkled, when she shifted her hand on her seat. I woke up by the sound of bangles, realizing that I fell asleep on her.

I felt relieved that she was still deeply asleep.
"Sir, do you want coffee or tea?" The stewardess asked.
"No, thanks. I am good." I whispered not waking up the angel who was sleeping next to me. The stewardess glanced at her and nodded in understanding and moved to another seat behind me.

14hr later we reached the airport, I called my driver and instructed him to pick us up.

----

"Sir, sir who's this lady with you, are you guys married?" A bunch of reporters circled around us with their cameras and mic.

"Anuraag, What's happening?" Diya asked nervously.
"Nothing important, But I will tell you, once we reach home." I held her hand and gestured my driver to pick up our luggage.

The car stopped in front of the building. I and Diya walked towards the elevator, the elevator's door opened with a ding sound, I pressed the floor number and waited till we reached to the top of the building. I entered the code, and the door opened.
I looked at her and she looked lost like she was Zoned out.
"Diya, we have reached let's go inside," I said nervously.
Without acknowledging my presence she stepped inside. My phone vibrated in my pocket.
"Oh no! I forgot to tell mom!" I murmured to myself.

"Mom?" I pressed the phone against my ear.
"YOU ARE MARRIED?!!!" She yelled from the other side of the phone.
"Mom..let me explain—
"Damn right, you got some explaining to do. I am coming right now!" She ended the call before I could say something.

"You didn't tell your parents about our marriage?" Diya asked.
"No, so many things were going on...in a hustle, it kinda slipped from my head." I shook my head.

"So what now?"
"My mom will come?" I shrugged.
A small smile crept on her lips but disappeared quickly and turned into a frown.

"Can you show me, my room?"

''yes''. I replied.