Chapter Nine

Zeizei was up before the sun, her body shifting as she rolled onto her back. She yawned and stretched out her wings, which lay over the sides of the bed. Zeizei then sat up, smacking her lips. She arched her back, and stretched her arms over her head, a yawn tearing from her throat. She then stood up, her large wings stretching out and cracking. The morning light reflected the ruby-red coloration that stretched over the back of them, and it. shone through her crimson hair.

Zeizei soon got dressed--making sure to stuff her map into her boot leg-- and made her way downstairs, but before she could make it to the last step, an aroma wafted to her nose. She took a long sniff, and her mouth instantly watered.

"What in blazes be that smell?" she wondered, as she trotted down the rest of the stairs, her wings brushing against the banister as she turned away from it.

She managed to make her way to the kitchen, dodging B.E.N, who was in his usual blabbering hustle and bustle. Zeizei tucked some of her hair behind her ear, before she walked over to the wooden counter and looked into the kitchen. She was met with the sight of Jim and Sarah cooking, both of them chatting aimlessly, and laughing.

Zeizei rolled her eyes and chuckled a bit, before she vaulted over the counter and soundlessly landed on the other side, "Mornin' Lad, Mrs. Hawkins." She greeted.

Sarah turned to her, "Good morning, Zeizei! How did you sleep?" she asked, still while holding a ladel over a pot of what Zeizei assumed was breakfast.

Zeizei shrugged as she grabbed a rag off the counter and began wiping. the bar down with warm water, "I slept as good as I could, I'd wager." she replied, her long ears bouncing a little with each and every movement she made.

Jim looked over at her, "So, you think about Amelia's offer?" he asked, walking across the space of the kitchen to come up beside her.

Zeizei stopped her cleaning, staring at the wood, before she sighed and looked over at the young boy, "Aye, I have." she responded, before she paused--thinking her next words carefully--she then spoke again, "I thought about it long 'n good."

"Well?" He prompted, "You gonna take her offer?" he asked.

Zeizei chuckled, "I think I may." she replied, "As much as I hate being' another's luggage, me thinks I won't get a chance like this again."

Jim's eyes sparkled as his face split into a grin, "Alright!" he laughed, before punching me in the shoulder, "We're gonna find where you come from."

"It looks that way, Lad." She replied, before looking up.

Zeizei saw Silver lumbering over to the counter. The grey-skinned female alien put the rag down and folded her arms over her chest as the old Cyborg sat on the other side of the wooden bar counter. His one good elbow resting on the wood.

"Well, well." Zeizei said somewhat cockily, "If it t'aint John Silver. In the flesh. . . more or less."

Silver responded by laughing a bit and smirking, "Ye' be a flatter, Lass." he tipped his hat, before he turned on the bar stool and faced Zezei, "Me ears be false, or I be hearin' a rumor that ye bee lookin' for the rest o' yer kind?" he asked, cocking one brow quite dramatically.

Zeizei nodded and took her map out, "Aye. Cap'n Amelia offered to take me an' a few others . . . followin' this here map." she unfolded the old piece of paper with it's odd colors and scribbles, before handing it to him.

Silver rubbed his chin with his mechanical hand as he gazed at the map, "What be this tongue?" he pointed to the langue all over the map.

"My mother tongue, I'd assume." Zeizei replied as she leaned over the counter, "I be the only one who understands it."

Silver bit his lip before handing it back to her, "I can't make out much, but . . ." he pointed to a huge purple/blue cloud, "If I be right, that is the TekeRah Nebula. Very far from here." he said softly.

Zeizei nodded as she folded up her map, "At least we have a lead . . ." she looked at him, "Thank ye, Silver."

"Of course, Lass."