Chapter Eight

Layla.

I felt as if I had tossed and turned all night because when I woke up, I was exhausted. I could practically feel the bags under my eyes, and the way I just felt dead. Of course, I was already dead, but right now it seemed like I would never be able to get up. My body was dragging me down, and it took so much energy to actually open my eyes.

I became aware of the fact that I was practically laying on top of Harry, and his arms were wrapped around me. My vision went up to him, and I felt like my chest was about to burst out of guilt. He looked so adorable, and sexy, all at the same time. His long lashes were fanned out of his cheeks, his curly hair was messy laying against the pillow underneath his head, and his chest was gently rising and falling underneath mine.

Carefully, I adjusted my position so that I was laying more on my side than on him, and my fingers gently ran down his torso, tracing the tattoos that they came in contact with, and I just let myself feel the moment because it might be the last one I’ll ever have with him. I have to tell him that I kissed Damaris, it was inevitable that he’d find out, and I wanted him to hear it from me. Hopefully, he would understand that I just needed to get it out of my system, and that Damaris was nothing more than a friend to me. Harry was the only one I wanted, I knew that. I just needed to reassure him of that once he knew about the kiss.

Harry shifted slightly as soon as my lips made contact with one of the sparrows that were just below his collar bones, and he opened his eyes to look at me. His gaze was full of sleep, and exhaustion. He looked awful yet adorable all at the same time. “Hey, babe,” He said softly, and lifted his hand to touch the side of my face.

Tingles spread down my spine just at his touch, and I smiled softly. “Morning,” I said, and sat up.

He groaned slightly, and put a pillow over his face. “Definitely not morning yet. It can’t be,” He mumbled.

I laughed softly and climbed out of the bed before I grabbed the pillow away from him, trying to be gentle with it so that I wouldn’t rip it. “Not so fun being the one forced awake now is it?” I teased him.

He groaned again and sat up, causing me to giggle because his hair was even messier now. “What are you laughing at, missy?” He smirked.

I pressed my lips together to hide the small giggles that were threatening to escape again. “Nothing.”

Suddenly, he was standing front of me, and our lips were inches apart. “Oh really? Because it seems to me that you’re finding something funny.” His hands cupped the sides of my face, leaning his face slightly into mine.

“Wait,” I said, putting my hands against his chest. “I have morning breath. I need to brush my teeth.”

“I don’t care,” He said, and his lips were pressed against mine firmly.

My body went ridged for a moment before I practically melted into the kiss, and tugged him closer to me. I felt like I was suddenly on fire with his touch, and I needed more of it. My fingers were running up and down his chest before they began to push into the waist band of his sweat pants.

Harry pulled away from me, and stared at me for a moment. “What are you doing?”

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes because he knew very well what I was trying to do. “Well, I was going to pull down your pants, but you stopped me,” I said, very bluntly.

He blinked a few times. “What happened to you wanting to adjust to this new life before we did anything sexual?”

I sighed, and pushed him away. “Nothing happened now. Forget I did anything,” I said, walking away from him and into his bathroom.