prologue

—PROLOGUE

from the very first moment rick grimes saw alaska moon he felt as through everything he made to endure made sense, because it all led him to her. the pain of losing his best friend and his wife faded into a dull aching whenever he was with her, instead of the flaming hot heat it usually was. he fell for her and maybe it was too soon, but his heart belonged to her before he even had the chance to fight it.

but nothing good was meant to last in the new world and when an old enemy shows up at the gates of their home, rick finds everything he had come to love being ripped away from him. their family is divided, scattered through the forests of georgia and lost to the brutality of the walking dead. but the thought of her pushes him through his pain and he sets out to find his family. having to overcome trial after trial he keeps going until he is finally reunited with the people he thought he lost. but she is nowhere to be found...

when the opportunity of finding a new home comes along, rick finds himself giving up the hope of ever finding her again and instead chooses safety for his family. and even though he is within the security of strong walls, his heart is always out there, searching for her. as time passes, he forces himself to accept the fact that she is simply gone. if it were up to him, though, he would've kept looking for alaska forever.