[03] Kcalb x Reader - Setting Up

Request for xXNyanCat808Xx! Thank you so much for requesting this! Hope you like it!
Reader is a demon living in the Gray World.

It'd been too much for him. Too embarrassed, too secretive.
And then Etihw caught on.

Three days had passed on since Etihw, God of the Gray World had managed to figure out that Kcalb had been crushing on a certain demon called (Y/N). He thought that he had been able to hide it, but Etihw knew him all too well to be able to recognise the signs.

As a result of this, and Kcalb's shyness, Etihw had decided on trying to set him up with you. That way, he'd definitely be able to get them, right? They thought it was the perfect plan, the only trouble being...

How were they supposed to try and set the duo up? They didn't really want to have to do all the hard work themselves, plus, they didn't really know you all too well. So, after a short time thinking, Etihw decided on asking your friends Yosafire, Froze, Macarona and Rawberry for some help. They'd know how to set you up!

After some convinving, and a reluctant "fine" from Kcalb when Etihw had spoken to him about their plan, Etihw had decided to then summon the four friends to Blancblack Castle to speak to them about their idea in setting up You and Kcalb. Of course, you'd remain in the dark during this, Etihw couldn't have you know about their secret mission!

The next day, Etihw called the girls to the castle to discuss the plan.
"So hold on a second, you want us to set (Y/N) and the old man up?!" Yosafire had stated, albeit she was very suprised at what they had said.
"Yep! It's going to be perfect, I just need you guys to help!" they replied with, slightly more excited than usual.
"Um, I'm not really sure if (Y/N) would like to be left in the dark about this..." Macarona had reluctantly muttered, but she was worried about what you would think.
"They'll be fine, don't worry about it Macarona!" responded Yosafire. Only time would tell.

The group spent the next two days trying to figure out what would be the best method to set you up with Kcalb. After a lot of thinking, they decided on trying to get you two in the garden together at the same time, and have Kcalb confess. How to do it though? Yosafire, Froze, Macarona and Rawberry would lead you to the garden to do some flower watching. Then, they would leave, saying they had to go to Blancblack Castle, but ask you to stay there because they'd return. Etihw would then lead Kcalb to the garden, meet the girls and then hide somewhere to watch the events unfold. They'd also suggested that Kcalb brings some cake to share with you, just to try and ease things up slightly. So, it was settled! An "accidental date".

One thing that had given away the high chance of success was Froze actually mentioning to Etihw that you had actually spoken to her about your own crush on Kcalb. And to be fair, why wouldn't you like him? He was tall, handsome, and you loved his easily embarrassed attitude, it made him so cute! But of course, you never mentioned it to anyone else, in case word was spread. You trusted Froze to be able to keep the secret, she was good with those kinds of things.

Two days after the group had planned out the "date", they finally put it to the test.
The four girls had said that they wanted to do some flower picking, and spend some time with eachother, and they had also invited you, which you had happily agreed to. So, you headed out, straight to the garden.
After a bit of walking, you noticed that Yosafire had been acting a bit more hyper than usual.
"Hey, Yosaf, you're acting odd today, is everything alright?" you questioned, worried about your fellow demon.
"Huh? Wha? Yeah I'm, uh, fine! Just, uh, really excited to, ah, see some flowers, that's all!" she responded with. You remained unconvinced, and at this point, you were suspecting something. Rawberry and Froze had been acting completely normal, but Macarona had been a bit more anxious than usual. Rawberry then offered her a caterpillar to eat, to calm her nerves, which Macarona had been very quick to reject.

After a few minutes of walking, you and the others reached the garden and sat down, chatting a bit and admiring the view. You overheard Yosafire saying something about love life to Froze, which slightly concerned you, but you made an attempt to brush it off.
After a while, Yosafire and Froze mentioned that they had to go to Blancblack castle for some business with Etihw, which then left you with Rawberry and Macarona. Then, Rawberry had dragged away Macarona to go and find some bats to eat, which the angel was quite upset about. You were all alone, gazing at the field surrounding you. But you didn't mind, the peace was quite nice.

Shortly after you were left alone, you heard some footsteps behind you. Intrigued to see who they belonged to, you turned around, and, to your suprise, saw your devil, Kcalb.
"Oh, hi there Mr Kcalb! I hadn't expected you to be here!" you said, pleasantly suprised.
"Uh, y-yes, I thought it'd be nice to come here for some peace..." he quietly responded with, a blush spreading across his face. He sat down next to you, the blush growing wider, and gestured to a small, black bag he had been carrying.
"I, um, brought some cake to eat here, but since you're here, would you like to share it?" he rather quietly said.
You were taken aback. Since when did Kcalb, of all people, want to share his cake with anyone? He was usually so defensive about it, and had always kept it to himself. You gladly accepted, but at this point, you were certain that something was up.

Unbeknownst to you, Etihw, Yosafire, Froze, Macarona and Rawberry had been watching this unfold from a distance. Yosafire, as always, had trouble keeping quiet, with Froze having to try and hold her down to shut her up. However, it seemed that Eithw had also been very excited, constantly peeking up behind a small hill to see if anything had happened.

After you and Kcalb had finished eating the cake, he mentioned to you that he had something he wanted to say to you. At this point, you weren't sure if things could get any weirder, or if the blush on the devil's face could spread any more.
"O-of course!" you stammered, feeling particularly nervous. "What is it you want to say, Mr Kcalb?"
"Y-you see, (Y/N), I, uh, um, actually, well, how am I supposed to say this, I s-sort of have a, uh, what's the word, a crush on you..." he very quietly muttered, trailing off at the end.

Now it made sense. Yosafire acting way too hyper, her talking about the love life, the convenience of the girls having to go somewhere or another, you randomly meeting your devil alone, and him even sharing some of his cake with you. This had all been set up! A blush now appeared on your face, a rather strong one albeit, as you were both extremely suprised and overjoyed at Kcalb's words.

He'd then refused to make any kind of eye contact with you, silently praying that you would say what he had wanted to hear for a long time now-
"I, uh, wow. I-I'm not sure what to say, exactly. But, you know, I, um, like you too..." you replied with, as you saw Kcalb's eyes light up at your words. It was a dream come true!

Before he could say anything in response, you very hastily pulled him in for a kiss. Short, sweet, it was more a peck on his lips than anything else. But you wished that you had held it longer, as did he. The both of you were then blushing madly, as you both leaned in for another kiss. The taste of cake remaining on your lips, it was slow and passionate, as you then broke away.

"It worked! It worked! Ahhhhh, did you guys see that? The plan worked!" a voice had said from a distance, a voice you knew all too well. It was Yosafire, who had then proceeded to show herself, bouncing up and down with excitement.
"Yep, I'm pretty sure we saw it all," came a second voice, this time, belonging to Etihw?!
Etihw, Froze and Rawberry proceeded to then show themselves, Rawberry then dragging Macarona to her feet.

You'd never felt so embarrassed in your entire life. But, considering that you had figured out that you'd been set up, you didn't really mind. You were happy, knowing that your devil had indeed liked you back. And as flustered and angry Kcalb had been in that split second in which the group had revealed themselves, you could tell that he was happy too. A most wonderful feeling, as you burst out into laughter at the current situation at hand.

1543 words.
Please feel free to drop some requests in the comments!
Next up is Yukisada x Male!Reader!