Fear

~Angela's POV~

Life was spinning, everyone was scared, we were all going to lose something. I watched as the herd got closer. People had ideas of waiting for it to pass. The herd was too big. It would take down the house. I stood next to Hershel with a rifle.

"I'm not leaving you. You helped me." I said while reloading and getting ready. Hershel didn't say anything and kept staring at the herd coming at us. Everyone got in cars to try and lead the herd off and kill them. I'm the distance I see the barn go up in flames.

"That must be Shane and Rick." I told Hershel that was still not listening. Once the herd got close enough I started shooting one by one with Hershel beside me.

I saw cars driving around everywhere with gunshots. I wasn't going to leave Hershel here all alone. I kept shooting until I was out of ammunition.

"Shit! Hershel I'm out. Let's go!"

He still wasn't listening so I grabbed my knife and started stabbing them. I couldn't keep up with them anymore so I backed up. My heart was racing, and my lungs felt like they were going to give out. I heard an engine from a distance, I looked where it was coming from and they started to leave the farm. Where they leaving us?

To my left I heard someone yell "Angela!" I heard the familiar raspy voice of Rick.

"Thank god!" I yelled while getting in a car behind us. Rick grabbed Hershel and forced him in the car. I watched the farm get farther and farther away as we drove off. "Everyone should be at the highway." Rick said. I had Carl in my arms in the back seat with Hershel in the front with Rick. Carl was crying a little bit probably worried about his mother. I ran my fingers through his hair trying to calm him down.

"Bud?" I said calmly.

He lifted his head up and looked at me. I saw his icy blue eyes that his father had. "Everything's going to be okay. We are going to find everyone and they will be fine."

Carl nodded and put his head back down on my lap. Rick looked through the rear view and adjusted it so he could see Carl and I. He reached his hand back and rubbed Carl's knee giving a sign everything's okay.

We arrived at the highway and no one is here. I get out of the car with Carl behind me. We all looked around and there was one walker. We hid behind a car and waited for it to get farther away. Then I came up from behind it and stabbed it in the head.

"We have to go back." Carl said angrily at Rick, "Mom should still be there we have to save her." Carl started to cry.

"Carl, we can't go back." Rick said while kneeling down to be at Carl's height.

"Why not? It's mom" Carl had tears dripping off his face. I came up from behind him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Remember what I said, everything's okay."

I heard an engine behind me. Daryls bike pulled up with Carol on the back. Then Glenn, Maggie, and Sophia pulled up with the Subaru. Then Tdog with Lori and Beth. I smiled as everyone came out of the cars and hugged. Beth and Maggie rushed over to Hershel. I looked to my left and my heart ached. Rick hugged Lori and Carl. Rick smiled at me while hugging them. I gave a slight smile back.

"Where's Shane?" Lori asked. Rick shook his head.

"Andrea?" I asked.

"We saw her go down." Lori said while putting her head down. "Patricia?" Hershel asked.

Beth explained how Patricia got taken right from her arms. I put my head down mourning the ones we lost. Rick decided it was time to go and find somewhere to go before it gets dark and cold. I get in the truck with Tdog and we all drove off.

After Rick honks his horn we all stop. I look at my bloody watch and it's almost 6. I get out of the truck and meet with everyone else. "I'm freezing." Carl said while Lori gave him her jacket.

"This is a good place to settle down." Rick said, "Just for tonight."

"What no this is bad we can't just stay out here we will die." Glenn complained.

"I don't think it's very safe either." Maggie agreed with Glenn.

We all got into a little argument about the situation. People wanted to keep going even though we were running on fumes and some wanted to stay. Rick was out numbered and lashed out.

"I'm the reason you are still alive.... God I even killed my best friend for you people." Rick said and stormed off. Lori ran after him. Everyone was scared and shocked. I was shocked but most of all I think Rick had to do what he needed to do. Shane was becoming dangerous to us in many ways.

It got dark and Lori came front the woods with no Rick. We were all sitting by a fire mourning the farm and people we lost. Rick came back an hour later.

"We need to leave." Carol said.

"Well if you guys don't feel save you are welcome to leave. I'm not stopping you. This is how we live now. This is how we survive now. I see the way you guys are looking at me like I'm a monster. But everyone of us is a monster in this world. This is how the world works." Rick spoke up.

"This isn't a democracy anymore."

(Edited)