Chapter 1: Is He..?

Aizawa sat in the teachers' lounge, and drank his morning coffee. It was cold. 'Gross', he thought. 

When he asked Toshinori as he walked in why it was cold, he heartily laughed and said "Its iced coffee, Eraser! I thought since it was burning up outside today, we could have a little refresher," Aizawa didn't agree. He hated cold coffee, whether it was supposed to be cold or not. 

He drank it nonetheless, however. 

He watched All Might prepare his own coffee, adding far more cream and sugar than Aizawa expected. 

Toshinori was never a big fan of coffee, but these days, he needed the caffeine, so he drowned out the bitterness with cream and sugar. He did think he probably looked a little silly, drinking such a light coffee while looking so muscular. He silently hoped Aizawa wasn't judging him as he occasionally glanced over. 

After he was finished making his drink, Toshinori walked over to sit at the mahogany table in the center of the teachers lounge. Aizawa noticed this, and was caught, once again, off guard as Toshinori doesn't usually stay in the teachers lounge before school starts. He typically runs over his plans for the day and walks around for a bit. 

Toshinori de-buffed and sipped. Aizawa looked over and raised an eyebrow. 

"Not walking around today?"

"No, didn't get much sleep last night, I'm a little off today," Toshinori swirled his ice cubes. 

"That's too bad," Aizawa said, relatively monotone.

Toshinori sighed. 

Aizawa's mind had a very, dirty thought. 'I mean, I could help you sleep better'. He immediately blushed and pushed that out of his mind. 'Toshinori is a COWORKER. I cannot think like that'. He then felt deeply uncomfortable. 'Besides, the odds that hes not straight, AND ... likes me... are really low,' he added.

Toshinori looked over at Aizawa, and he was zoned into his coffee. Toshinori fidgeted a little, uncomfortable with the silence. He decided he should try to break it. 

"So, what do you have planned for today?"

Aizawa blushed lightly, pulling out of his thoughts and looking towards the man those very same thoughts were about. 

Toshinori noticed, and was confused. 'What was Aizawa thinking about? Was it... me?' Toshi mentally shook his head to clear it.  'Look at Aizawa, he isn't gay, he's Aizawa. I don't think he's fancied anyone for that matter. I shouldn't be so rediculous with my guesses. Maybe he felt put on the spot! Thats it, I did ask that out of the blue'.

After a second, Aizawa answered, "Today is pretty boring, mostly history of quirks in modern society, day 2. And you?"

"Also pretty boring," Toshi chuckled to himself, "mostly just a continuat-"

He was cut off as Yamada burst into the lounge.

"HELLO LISTENERSSS"

Toshinori and Aizawa both jumped out of their seats.

"Jesus Christ Yamada, do you always have to do that," Aizawa groaned, walking over to the paper towels to clean up his spilled coffee. 

"YES"

Toshi ran over, beating Aizawa to the cabinet of supplies. "Here, I got it."

"Uh... thanks Toshinori,"he said, as monotone as he could. 

'Hes not gay, hes not gay' both of them reminded themselves as they stood next to each other. 

Yamada wasn't always the best at picking up signals, but definitely got this one. 'Oh man, they definitely wanna get with each other. I mean, I don't want to intervene, but it's just been so long since Aizawas last relationship.'

"Hey Aizawa, while you're here, who was that hottie you dated like, what, 6 years back now? What was her name?"

Aizawa and Toshinori both looked up, confused. 

"uh.. Mikasa?" he asked, with his brows furrowed. 

"Yeah, she was slammin. Why did you guys split? Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen you with a girl since,"  Yamada knew Aizawa was gay. He had caught him with multiple guys before.  Aizawa also knew he knew. Making this question, embarrassing. 

"Why are you ask," he said, annoyed. 'WAIT... IS HE...' He just realized Yamada could tell he, felt, towards Toshinori.

"I don't know, you just never told me" Yamada smiled.

Toshinori quickly came to Aizawas defense. "That was a long time ago, I don't think it matters now. Aizawas personal life is his own business," Toshinori was oblivious to what was going on. 

"I just think its interesting..." Yamada grabbed an apple and a bottled water from the fridge, and left to let what he said, simmer. 

"That was weird. Do you still talk to her or something? Why would he ask that?"

Toshinori was very smart, but often unobservant to the emotional environment. Aizawa was really thankful of this. 

"I'm not entirely sure anyone can comprehend what goes on in his head majority of the time," sighed Shouta. 

Toshinori finished cleaning up Aizawa's coffee, and thought about what Yamada had said. Then, it clicked. 'Was he, trying to imply Aizawa is gay..? Wait, but why would he do that? DOES AIZAWA... LIKE ME?' That sounded ridiculous, but honestly given what just happened, the blushing, and Yamada's question, it just might make sense. Toshi secretly hoped to himself he was right.