Chapter 7: Soft Afternoons

A note: the next chapter (not this one) is going to be spicy. If you're not comfortable with that, that's ok! It's not going to be mandatory for plot. 

Aizawa breathed in deeply, taking in Yagi's scent. He always smelled sweet, like vanilla with a sort of earthy undertone. The body wash, cologne, whatever he was using, worked very well and in both of their favor. Aizawa nuzzled his face farther into the crook of Toshi's neck, pressing their bodies closer together. 

The time was 3:00 pm. The two decided to stay in and rest easy for the morning, as it had started raining, and inevitably fell asleep. This was fine, as it was a Saturday. They were laying together on Toshi's couch, as his knitting and Aizawa's book were on the floor beside them. 

Aizawa loved this. How it almost felt like they were in a cottage in the woods. He could get used to this. Laying with his as he snores lightly. Thick, knitted blanket (made my his partner) wrapping them. Full from eating one too many home-made muffins. The only thing that was missing were his cats (which were probably not happy at this moment as they were stuck with Yamada. Even though Yamada and Aizawa were roommates, the cats still liked Shouta better). 

He could get used to this. 

The apartment was peaceful. Well, it was peaceful until Toshi got a phone call. 

*bzz bzz*
*bzz bzz*
*bzz b-

Toshi woke up and pushed Shouta to the side, reaching over to his phone which was making the coffee table produce a very unfortunate noise. 

It was Midoriya.

Yagi cleared his throat and answered. "Young Midoriya! How are you, is everything ok?"

"Hi All Might! Everythings perfectly fine! I was just wondering if you were busy today, and if if you arent, do you think maybe we could get some extra training in today?"

Aizawa, who had now sat up, overheard this, and Toshi knew that. Yagi looked at Aizawa for some kind of response. Its not like Aizawa and Toshi had planned to spend the day together, but if Shouta was opposed, he would turn it down.

Shouta shrugged. 

That wasn't very descriptive. 

To be honest, Shouta wasn't exceptionally passionate one way or the other. He did have an opinion, but he left this one up to Toshi. 

"Uh, I'm just finishing something up right now, I'll get back to you a little later if I have time, is that ok?"

"Totally, no problem! See you later!"

"Bye, young Midoriya," 

"What'd you say that for? You were taking a nap," Aizawa rubbed his eyes. 

"What are you talking about? I'm busy with you, silly,"

Aizawa blushed. "I'm not an activity, sir,"

"What? No, I mean I'm busy along with you, like we're doing thin-"

"Calm down, I get it,"

Toshi furrowed his brows. Aizawa can get so damn sassy. "Anyways, I wanted to see what you wanted first,"

"Well, I want you to do what you want to,"

Toshi began to physically look annoyed. 

"Ok, I'm sorry. I just think its strange that you're giving Midoriya extra training. I understand you took a liking to him because you have similar quirks, but that's really not fair to the other students,"

"Wait, no, its not like that at all!"

"How so?"

"It's more like I'm tutoring him. He's really far behind the other students in controlling his quirk, and surely as a teacher you understand why I'm helping him catch up,"

"And how do you know so much about Midoriya's quirk?"

Toshi started to sweat. "Its just because it's so similar to mine, I had trouble controlling mine at first too, so i can empathize with him,"

"Would you mind if I came with to one of your 'practice sessions'?" Aizawa trusted Toshi, but it was his duty as a teacher to make sure that he wasn't getting any special help or treatment. He just wanted to be on the safe side.

"That's perfectly fine!" It was not fine. 

"Good, go ahead and call Midoriya back then and tell him we're coming," Aizawa stretched and took off his borrowed shirt, then started heading for his clothes. 

'This is not good. Well, it shouldn't be that bad, right? All I have to do is downplay what I know and make sure Midoriya doesn't say anything. Besides, would it be the complete end of the world if he found out? Probably. But I could just play it off as us being related,' Toshi brainstormed as the phone rang. 

"Oh, uh, hey, All Might! That's kinda funny, I was actually about to call you! I'm really really sorry, but there was a change of plans, my mom wants me to stay in and take the day off tonight, is that ok?"

A massive wave of relief came over Yagi. "Oh, its fine, don't worry about it. Your mother is very smart! Resting is just as important as training, and that shouldn't be taken lightly,"

"I'm so glad you understand, I'll see you Monday, then!"

"See you Monday. Have a great rest of your weekend!"

Aizawa grabbed Toshi's waist from behind, "I see that really worked out in your favor, huh,"

Toshi jumped, "Hey, you scared me, what was that for?" He turned around to look at Aizawa.

"Nothing really, I just like to mess with you. Honestly, I'm pretty glad that worked out. I really didn't want to train with a kid on a Saturday,"

"What? I thought you said you didn't care, you invited yourself!"

"I did, but I didn't want that to sway your decision,"

 If Aizawa told Toshi the real reason he wanted to go with, it runs the risk of hurting him. To be fair, Aizawa was sure that Toshi would understand and not be offended, but that wasn't a risk he wanted to take. He cared about Toshi (and how Toshi felt about him) too much. Shouta was actually surprised by how much he cared about Toshi. They had been on one date, and spent one night together. They hadn't even had sex yet. But still, there was something about Yagi that Shouta just couldn't shake, and he was growing attached to him at an alarming rate. In any other circumstance, if he saw this happening, he would immediately break off the relationship to protect himself. But this time, he didn't want to. 

Yagi leaned his head down, and brushed Shouta's cheek with the side of his hand, and with the other, placed his fingers in between Shouta's ribs. Aizawa lightly shivered at the contact. Toshi hooked his hand around Shouta's jaw, bringing his own head closer, and pressing their lips together. 

"Speak up next time, I care how you feel,"

Shouta wrapped his arms around Toshi's waist and pulled him closer, "You care about how I feel, huh? Want to make me feel really good?" Aizawa said this partially as a joke, but if Yagi took it seriously and was interested, he wasn't going to stop anything. 

Toshi was caught painfully off guard by this, as it took a few seconds for him to fully register what Shouta said, then blushed heavily. He smiled. "What do you have in mind?"