Chapter 4

"I've barely seen you lately!" Roger almost yelled, jumping on my bed. I rolled my eyes and sat down on a chair near by.

"Can you please stop doing that." I eye rolled once again. He stopped jumping and sat criss cross.

"Where have you been?" 

Roger was a twig, about five-point-eight feet. He looked quite feminine because of his figure and long hair. The fact he wore fancy red jackets and fur coats didn't help. He was a little, blonde drummer which made the ladies fall flat on their faces and asses up in the air for the man. Loved his booze, loved his sex, loved the drums. However alongside of his crazy, happy attitudes that differ, he also has slight anger issues. For example, not long ago, a bitch of a man spat at me and called me and my current boyfriend (at the time) 'Queers'. Of course, Roger wouldn't let that settle, he threw the man into a brick wall and gave him a good punch in the head. 'What was that?' My boyfriend and I stood back, feeling paralysed. The man was scared shitless making Roger grab him by the collar and throw him back on the footpath, flipping him off.

Maybe not the best example but, It shows how much Roger cares about me. 

"I met someone...I'm sorry I haven't helped you with the store and all bu-"

"WHO DID YOU MEET!?" I laughed a little.

"You wouldn't know him. He's actually smart." Roger threw a block of chocolate at me for saying that, I scolded him and threw it back, hitting him directly in the head. "Fuck face...Anyways, he studies astrophysics. We've met up a few times and last time we saw each other...We kind of-"

"YOU GUYS DID IT!?"

"NO!" I sighed and shook my head. "We made out and then-"

"And then?"

"And then he left." I sadly smiled, fiddling with my cup of tea. Was I upset? Yes, a little. It's been three days and we haven't spoke or seen each other. I really liked him and he was an amazing kisser. Maybe he thought he was gay and actually wasn't. Maybe he didn't like me and regretted even doing anything.

"Aw, Fred. I'm so sor-" Three small knocks tapped on my front door. Brian's signature knock. Yes, I already know what his knock sounds like. Roger's eyes widened, looking extremely surprised with a block of chocolate in his hand, ready to enter his mouth. I rolled my eyes at him, he looked so fucking scared. 

"Brian..." I smiled, the door now wide open.

"BRIAN!?" I heard Roger yell from behind me.

"Would you shut up!?" I turned back to Brian who was smiley and giddy and I had to chuckle too. "Come in! Brian meet Roger. Don't worry about him he's just a peasant that has to much sex with slutty girls." I regret saying that much information.

"HEY!? There is no such thing as 'not enough sex'." Roger told me and Brian, matter-factly, pointing his finger at the two of us.

"Gotta agree with you there." Brian spoke back making me playfully roll my eyes.

"Hey, Fred. I like him already." Roger chirped as I reached for my bottle of champagne. I just shook my head, grabbing some cheese in the fridge. "Hows your life been these past few days?"

"Good, good. Not as good as when I'm with you, of course."

"Oh, quiet." I blushed.

"I just spent time with my mate, haven't seen much of him recently." I nodded along.

"Bri, you staying for some drinks?"

"WOOOOOOOOOHHHH!" Roger boomed from the back, noticing the champagne glasses in my hand. We all laughed and started to have the beginning of many glasses of the alcoholic beverage.

Time flew by and soon enough, all three of us were absolutely shit faced. I was cuddled up into Brian's chest while Rog's glass cuddled into him. We had occasional, small comments which spat out small laughs that faded slowly. Currently we were all silent, well except for Brian. Brian was muttering inaudible words to himself meanwhile my eyes were shut, trying to listen to his chest breathing in and out. 

"Does anybody wan' tea?" I asked, slightly stumbling as I got out of Bri's hold.

"Yeah's. I don't wanna puke." Roger cried, throwing his head into the pillow. I cupped one side of Brian's face and looked into his hazy eyes that struggled to open. "Do you want anything, my darling?" 

He softly smiled and nodded, "Tea pleas'." I nodded and kissed his forehead, I got back up to my normal height once again, feeling quite dizzy.

"Want anything help?" Roger rubbed his eyes- I could tell he would fall if he tried to get up. He couldn't speak but, smile and cry. He's really weird when he's drunk.

"Rest." I rubbed my eyes, standing in front of the kettle. I stared at my blank  wall which stood behind the whistling kettle. It felt like only seconds until the kettle boiled.

"Drink up." I handed both men their desired tea with a drunken smile.

"You'd make a lov-hm-great husband, Fred." I froze slightly hearing Brian say that, feeling my stomach drop and my knees fall weak. Still, I managed to find a seat next to Roger and sip my tea.

"No he wouldn't, he's not committed!" Roger laughed making me smack his arm, scolding him. I glared before I sat my tea on the floor and stormed out of my dorm.

How dare he say that! Roger was a wonderful, encouraging friend, don't get me wrong. But, sometimes he just doesn't say the best things. It felt like I flew down the stairs because of the rate of speed. A hard tug on my right arm, took me aback. I whipped my head around, revealing Roger.

"How could you say that!? You know I like him. I'm so fuckin' embarrassed!" I felt my vision become less confusing and unsteady. The embarrassment must have been sobering me up which was good. I liked being drunk and high- attitude wise. I just hate when my eyes and body can't register properly. It always scared me.

"I'm sorry! I-"

"Wheres Bri?"

"He's still at the dorm, he cant even speak properly, I don't even think he'll remember."

"Some people can remember shit from when they're drunk." I sighed.

"Freddie, I'm really sorry, okay? It was just intended to be a harm-memless joke! I'll be more careful next time." He still couldn't even speak that clearly. Majority of what he said was slurred together, almost sounding jumbled. I'm grateful I can understand his drunk talk, most people cant.

"Did he say anything?"

"He just looked around, confused." I nodded, maybe he wouldn't remember. "I'm sorry, Fred. I didn't think."

"It's fine. Now thinking about it, I don't think he'll remember." We both laughed, Roger playfully slapping me on the back as we walked back up the flight of stairs. I rested my head on his shoulder which made it harder for him to keep his balance. He laughed loudly when he tripped and so did I.

I was glad to have such a good best friend.

No matter how much of a dickhead he was.