Chapter 20 - Explanations & Trouble

MERETIANA'S POV
Lafaele. He has a faded black eye. What happened?
"Get your hands off me" I demand as he removes his hands and begins to lean on one of the sinks. He just stands there and stares. I have no idea at what but he is silent.
"Uh, hello?" I say waving my hand up and down. "Can we just talk?" He pleads taking a step closer. "I don't wanna talk about" (how you broke my heart... Hahaha the song)" I reply staring at the bathroom stalls behind him.
Why is he in here anyways? "Please. You don't have to talk, just hear me out" he begs. "Ok, but you got 2 minutes" I nod crossing my arms and tapping my foot.
"Ok. What you saw, meant nothing to me. Audrey was all over me and I tried to get her to stop but she didn't. Then, when I found out you were with my cousin" Cousin? Wesley & Lafaele are cousins? And I so happened to make both fall inlove with me? I wonder how Christmas would feel... He continues.
"I just lost it. I tried to apologise but you wouldn't let me. So that's when I decided to give you some space. BUT Audrey told everyone we were back together, which is a lie. And when I found out I was the reason you, Y'know, I just lost it. I don't want to hurt you any more Mere. I just wanted to explain" he informs me.
I don't know what to say. All this time, I thought he cheated but he didn't. And I should have heard him out sooner. Now I feel like an ass. For some unknown reason, I begin to cry.
Cry? Why am I crying? I turn around so he doesn't see my tears but he walks closer to me, pulling me closer to him. "Mere, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry" he says rocking my back and forth.
I remove my hands from my chest and wrap them around his neck. I play with his hair a bit. "I've missed you" he whispers into my ear. "I've missed you to" I whisper back.
I stand on my toes to reach his lips. He struggle of being short... He kisses me passionately with his hands gripping tighter and tighter onto my waist. I pull back and stop.
"I needa get to english" I smile as he plays with my fingers. "Bye" I say pulling my fingers away and making my way to English. I see I have 2 minutes before class starts, so I sprint my ass over to class.
I still have 1 minute left and I'm already in class. I sit in between Sita & Lose who are giving me mixed looks. "What the heck happened to your hair girl? I thought you went to fix it" Lose says playing with her pen.
"What took you so long? Did you fall asleep of something?" Sita asks as I attempt to fix up my hair. "You could say that" I smirk. They both exchange confused looks.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Lose questions. I stay quiet as the lesson begins. All throughout class, I think of him.
Did I really forgive him that easily? He admitted he didn't do anything wrong but I have this urge inside. What about Wesley? Clearly he has moved on but my mind has mixed signals. Just focus on what ever your relationship is with Lafaele ok Mere?
After English, we walk to Maths. I take my seat and notice he isn't here...yet. I sit there just staring at the door. Our class increases and increases in minutes. Finally. He walks in.
Stopping mid way, he gives a nod and I return a smile. He walks over and sits behind Lose since the seat behind me is taken. "Did I just see what I saw? Or am I blind" Sita whispers.
"What?" I give an innocent smile. "No fucking way. Your back with Lafaele" she replies. I discreetly give a nod while covering one side of my face with hair. The side where Lafaele is.
Has a guy ever made me this happy? Or nervous. Have I ever even felt this nervous? I hide myself in my hair as I feel his eyes on me. He gives a smirk before facing back to the board.
*************************************************************************After school I tell Saia I'm going to come home later. He doesn't need to know I forgive Lafaele yet. He's still over reacting. I give him a kiss on the cheek before leaving so he doesn't answer.
I catch up with Lose & Sita who are sitting inside a restaurant. I take a seat by them and observe the menu. "I like dem octopus rings, and the chips" I order placing the menu infront of me.
"Calamari rings? I think I'll have that to" Sita replies. Lose gets up and walks to the counter. "Care to tell me what happened at maths?" She nudges me. "Nah, I'm fine" I laugh.
She kicks my shin. I place my hands up in surrender. "Ok so, he explained that he never cheated on my and that it was all Audrey. ThenWeKissed. It's a good day today aye" I say quickly ignoring what came out of my mouth. Her mouth is in an "o" shape.
As if on cue, Lafaele and a group of his mates, including Saia, walk into the restaurant and sit in the corner. I hide my face in my hair like I usually do when I'm nervous.
Lose comes back with food. Now, my nerves are gone and my only concern is how many Calamari Rings u can stuff in my mouth. Sita & Lose are whispering to each other non stop while looking over my shoulder to the guys.
I'm just sitting there enjoying my deelicious food. They continue to whisper and slightly giggle. What the heck are they talking about? And Lose barely giggles. What is this.
I see we have all finished out food so I take our boxes to the bin. I sit back down and they act like high school gossiping girls. Well they are high school but they are acting like a 12vie when she talks about her crush.
I'm sitting there staring at the blank wall, when I feel hands on my shoulders. It's not Saia because he is now sitting beside Lose acting all lovey dovey which is making me throw up.
His touch sends a tingly feeling all over my body. "Oh, so you know" I clear my throat so Romeo & Juliet (aka Lose & Saia) can hear me. "Yeah. I already said if he hurts you he's gonna have to deal with me. But I have no idea how Teu is going to react" he replies.
He is right. If Teu found out, it would be the end for both of us. I take my mind off Teu and focus at where I'm at now. Lafaele is now sitting next to me, rubbing my thighs.
I give him a weird look. "Don't act like you don't like it" he smirks whispering in my ear. "Whatever" I scoff looking the other way. He grabs the loose strands of my hair and places them behind my ear.
I see that Sita is kinda lonely. "Um. Why don't I meet you outside later?" I whisper motioning him to get up. "Ouch" he laughs before leaving. "Sita? Girl you ok?" I snap my fingers.
"Yeah girl" she mumbles. "That's it. You NEED a boyfriend. Your like what?18? And you still don't have a boyfriend?" I reply. "Trust me, no man can handle this" she emphasises her body.
"What ever" I laugh. I tell the girls I'm going to meet Lafaele outside so they give me a hug before walking home. I grab my bag and walk outside to meet him.
He says that Saia walked Lose home. I still can't get over them being together. "So, you excited to perform tomorrow?" I asks playing with my fingers. "Yep, I got everything planned out" I answer.
He turns me around and pulls me into a kiss. The kiss lasts for about 7 seconds before I break it and tell him I have to be home soon. So we continue to walk hand in hand.
"GET IN!" I turn around to see Teu driving in the van. He looks mad. Without taking another look at Lafaele, I quickly rush and sit at the back seat. I stare blankly at the ground.
What's he going to YELL to me? I am way beyond scared. When Teu is mad it's like World War 3. I hold back my tears and he speeds of. I star blankly at the glove box until he begins to yell.
*************************************************************************Mere + Lafaele
VoteCommentLike
What do you think Teu is going to say to her?