Chapter 3

Jamie

I've brushed my teeth at last, I've eaten some Cornflakes, I've talked to my friend Jay, I've walked my dog. Okay I've skipped classes today, but that was always the plan. I'm doing everything I should be doing. I'm being so normal. I'm not constantly thinking about everything that happened when I got back to North Bridge last night. I'm not randomly smiling to myself every time I think about the pebble that's still safely tucked away in the pocket of the jacket I had on last night. My heart isn't doing summersaults every time I think about Patrick.

It is though.

Jay's downstairs talking to Erin, and for the first time ever I came seriously close to asking him to get the hell out of my house. He wants to have pillow talk with his girlfriend? He could do that in the privacy of his own home. You don't see me rushing over to the palace to call Patrick...

Just then, I hear the front door open from where I'm sitting in the kitchen. Benji bounds in from the back yard to go and greet whoever's just came in ("Hi, Benji! Who's my best boy, huh? You are!" It's Patrick, I feel my smile spread further across my cheeks) so I stand up and head out into the hallway. The front door is standing open and my suitcase and bag are sitting out on the porch. Patrick's too busy fussing over Benji to pick up the stuff he's obviously just taken out of his car, so I walk past him to get my things and I almost fucking faint when I accidentally brush my arm against his. Fuck the bags, they can wait a little longer. I turn to face him as he straightens up and smiles down at me. I know Jay's downstairs, but he's talking to Erin, he'll be occupied for a while. I place both of my palms on Patrick's chest and stand up on my tiptoes before kissing him lightly on the lips. I don't think he was expecting this, but I can feel him smiling against my lips.

"Nice shower?" I ask him playfully as he gently places his hands on my hips.

"I skipped it. Can I use yours?" He asks as he steps forward and pushes me back against the wall in the hallway. His voice is lower than usual. He's turned on. I am too. I could have punched Jay for interrupting us earlier.

"Hmm, I don't know." I say, "I doubt there's enough hot water for both of us."

"That's a problem we can easily solve." He replies, his eyes are on my lips and his hands are slowly moving from my hips down to my ass.

"How so?" I ask, inadvertently moving my hips forward into him a little and causing him to exhale sharply.

He doesn't reply. Instead he picks me up by the ass and pushes me harder against the wall. On reflex, I wrap my legs around his waist and lock my ankles together to hold myself in place against him. He is reminding me of our previous shower scene. I can't wait to get into that scenario with him again. But Jay is in my garage and the front door is standing wide open right next to us, we're giving my neighbours quite a show right now. As much as I would love to drag him upstairs right now... No, we need to wait.

"Jay's still here." I whisper as he kisses me lightly on the neck.

"Fuck!" He says under his breath, before lowering me down to my feet again.

He takes a few steps back and clears his throat. I readjust my top and check that my hair is still a mess (of course it is) before smiling up at him. I then head out front to collect my things.

"You know, you could have told me he was still here before kissing me." He says, folding his arms across his chest and leaning back against the wall in the hallway.

"Sorry." I say, dumping my suitcase down in the hall and closing the front door. "He's talking to Erin downstairs, he won't be up for a while."

"Tell him to leave." Patrick states, dead serious. "Please."