Hatred Born out of Love

I was always fascinated with fables. We had an old book back home entitled "Fables" which was written by Aesop. One of the fables that stood out to me was called; "The wolf in sheep's clothing". It was about this wolf who disguised himself as a sheep in order to get food easier. The plan worked I guess. One night though the shepherd came and mistook the wolf for a sheep. He caught him and killed him and cooked him to eat. The lesson to be taught is that if you seek to do harm, harm will be done to you instead.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I wore no shirt and had a tunic on at the bottom. It reminded me of the clothes the Egyptians wore in the paintings that hung in Estelle's bedroom. She was fascinated with Egyptian history. 

There were many slaves around me in the same room, only males though. The girls were in a different room in a separate part of the mansion. They would be dressed in those weird Grecian type dresses that revealed almost everything and left little to the imagination. This was the formal wear for this years' annual Blood Feast

How I loathed the Blood Feast.

"Traitor"

I heard one of the other slaves whisper. Usually the Vampire Sympathizers would at least have the brand of the black diamond hidden somewhere on their body under their clothes; I did not have that option though. All of the other slaves in the house detested me. I looked like a traitor the way I followed Estelle around like a puppy.

Lucian and Estelle's wedding took place less than a month after I had been sent to the Harvesting Farm. It was more of a business arrangement than anything else. Even though he also lived in the same mansion they hardly spoke to each other and they slept in separate rooms. They would sit next to each other at events. If we went out in public they would walk together and I would trail behind them. It appears as if Lucian had gotten what he wanted in gaining more influence over the vampire world and that is why he tolerated me. He was after all now a vampire prince. His tolerance was growing thin though. He never wasted a second to make sure that I knew that he did not like to have me around and many times these reminders would end in me being physically harmed or humiliated.

I devised my own plan while I was here; the only one that I could think that could possibly free me and get rid of Estelle forever. I could not wait around until she grew tired of me. I was planning on killing her and the only way to do that was to get extremely close to her. To everyone else, all the other slaves, probably everyone to the Resistance, like my father and Ami; it would appear like I had been broken in.

According to everyone else I was the traitor that they branded me to be.

That was the worst part of all of this. I was scared that one day I would start to believe my own lie.

She forced me to appear in public events with her, as her father, the General, addressed the people. I would stand there next to her as an example that anyone could be broken.

It had taken in excess five months since my recapturing but according to Estelle I was completely submissive. When the truth was that even though I may appear that way, in my mind, I was anything but. She was obsessed with me; some might even call it a sadistic sort of love. Toxic really. 

She did not leave me alone for longer than a few minutes.

"The blood feast has begun. Enter the dining room."

The last time I attended a Blood Feast I was the center piece. This time I was to be next to Estelle the whole time. I walked in and I stood behind the chair where she sat. She was doing the introductions while the other humans were being led in to the room. They were tied to the tables. I glanced as five of them were strung up in the center just like I had been. Lucian was stoic as he glanced at Estelle. I had heard them arguing a few hours ago. He was growing fed up at playing second fiddle to a slave. Apparently the power he gained was not enough. He wanted her to himself.