"Jaane kyun, yeh dil jaanta hai, tu hai toh I'll be alright..."

As I opened the door to my apartment, I was thoroughly aware of three things : -

a) My cheeks were flushed and I looked like a lovesick girl.

b) Shehzaana was going to get long, long call from me tonight.

c) I was late, like coming-at-home-long-after-midnight late

d) I still looked like a lovesick girl.

My lips were still curved upwards, as I dropped my bag and pulled off my coat. I took off my scarf and headed towards my kitchen, to make a mug of warm hot chocolate. The trek in the forest with him had certainly left me chilled to my bones. I still had half a mind to giggle like a thirteen year old, who had seen her first rom-com.

Bollywood had always given me very high expectations, of how a date should go. But today, I learned there were experiences and memories which were far better and heart-warming if they had come from heart, not a screen. His thoughtfulness, had surprised me. Who knew, that he would remember that I had a liking for outdoors or stargazing?

But he had. The electronic beeps of my second-hand microwave shook me out of my reverie, a faint smile still playing on my lips. I quickly added cocoa powder, a pinch of coffee, some sugar and, quite a lot of cinnamon. As I herded myself to my room, I walked around Shehzaana's iconic black sneakers, she wore every day, every minute and almost every second. I shook my head at her carelessness. That girl was the reason why my apartment was a mess, even though she didn't even live with me.

Wait a second!

What were her signature black sneakers doing here?

I backtracked and inspected the shoes. She sure wore them when I saw her off, just before my date... Apparently Miss Mischief-and-Nautanki, was back with her antics. I braced myself for some serious amusement as I opened my door. As soon as the door opened, out of nowhere a distinctively dim lamp was turned on, the computer chair swiveled to face me and there she was, in all her dramatic glory. Her hat was tipped off at just the right angle to give it the intended mysterious slash dramatic effect.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to finally show up?" A torch was aimed at my face.

I crossed my arms and pursed my lips to contain my laughter. "How long have you been waiting for me, just sitting pathetically in the dark, all alone?" I went to my bed, shook my boots off and crossed my legs, getting myself comfy. I placed my mug on the nightstand and looked at her expectantly.

She glared at me and threw the hat somewhere in my already messy room. "For your information, it was only half an hour and my phone was great company."

I couldn't reign in my laughter any longer. I finally burst out laughing. I looked at her and saw the beginnings of a grin. Let's just say my neighbors might have heard two girls laughing too hard for ten minutes straight. My belly was still hurting from giggling so much! Somehow, during our cackling session, both of us had ended upon my small bed, lying down our backs.

I felt her tense, and without even looking at her I asked "Just spit it you know? I know your mind is already brimming with a million questions."

She just sat up, and looked at me seriously. "Just one. How could you only make one mug of Hot Chocolate?" I swear her pout could easily rival one of a puppy. And that was the pout which kept her boyfriend wrapped around her little finger. Kidding! I had met him enough times to know that he cared for deeply and would never hurt her.

I again burst out laughing. "Out of all the questions you could have asked, this is the one you want to ask?"

She in all (read:Mock) seriousness, nodded.