Chapter 5

I see how Alexander nods and gets down next to me "I'm so sorry its all my fault" he whispers. I just look at him and try smile a little "Not the first time" it hurts like crazy, but I'm not gonna show this. I have to be strong now.

After some minutes the nurse comes back "The ambulance will be here soon" she smiles at me and looks at Alexander then "If you want you can go home, or are you also hurt?" At first, he just does nothing, but then he shakes his head "I'm okay" he whispers and looks down them. He really is sorry... and I feel even worse

The nurse encourages Alexander to go home, and he slowly picks up his schoolbag and walks away, not without turning around at least ten times before he gets out of sight.

Some minutes later, The Ambulance pulls into the school's driveway. It's already hard to breathe, but as one of the ambulance men tries to pick me up, pain strikes through my chest, and I fall unconscious.

Some hours later, I'm in the hospital. A cast on my nose and one around my chest. I can barely move.

My mum already came to see me, she's sitting next to my bed and talking to a doctor.

"A broken nose, and several ribs fractured. He said he got beaten up.", the doctor says.

"B-But he usually never gets into fights!", my mum says. "Jacko, what happened? Why'd you do that, fighting other kids, honey?"

I just look at my feet and say nothing. Damn, I just wanted to help. I notice how hard it is to breathe and close my eyes. Who was this Alexander? Where had he come from? Is he always such a loner?

Mum and the doctor think I have fallen asleep as soon as I closed my eyes, and they want me to get some rest, so they leave me alone.