Never forget your memories

An old aged man nearly 64 was soldering a motherboard in his lab. He had a muscular tall body with a white rough beard in his wrinkled face. There were many awards and inventions in robotics in his lab. That wasn't a high tech lab. It was setup in his small wood house. He wrote everything he did in a yellow note pad. Then he used it to remind it later.

There came his old aged wife walking slowly with a plate of lunch in her hands. She saw there was already breakfast in the table untouched. She told him to eat. He yelled at her to leave the lab and continued his work. Her wife took the breakfast plate and got out from the lab. She went to the hall by stairs and gave that food to their black sniffer dog. But the dog refused to have it and went to her cupboard and slept underneath.

The old man fixed his motherboard in his new invention and tested it. He rose the voltage high yet the machine didn't worked. He took his yellow notepad and checked what he done. There was a note that he switched off the main power source of his lab before few minutes. He went to the switch Box and switched on the main. Then he realized that he didn't noted that he rose the voltage high. The machine started to smoke and made a lightning contact with all the electronics around it. There came a power fluctuation and there was no power in the house. He couldn't turn on his flash light. The fluctuation made every electronics repaired even the unplugged. Suddenly he heard a noise of something falling from the hall.

He rushed to check and found her wife was fell in the floor. The dog was seeing him in silence from the cupboard. He went to his wife and lifted her. But his wife was not breathing there. He was weeping without making any noise and then screamed her name loud while hugging her

The clouds conveyed its sorrows by raining at that night. The funeral was so simple. Only the dog was with him when he buried the coffin. He was sitting in her wife's chair without having any idea of what was he going to do next. He went to clean her cupboard. But it was already cleaned and there was only a box with a letter note in the top. He opened the box and found that the box was full of his and his wife's old memories like photographs, letters, wedding dress, jewels and gifts. He realized that his whole life he spent with her was left by only memories then. She left him with some good memories. Yet he didn't made her any good memories. He felt guilty for that. The note was left by her wife saying " Never forget your memories."

By seeing that he got an idea. The whole life he lived with her were memories. If he brought her memories back. He could brought her back to life. And he could live with her like before and not as before. Because he wanted to give her good memories as she gave him. He went to his lab and programmed every moments of her life and every movements of his wife. He wrote his each and all steps what he did in his yellow notepad. The notes were ended at the last page. He took his robotic parts and made a artificial programmed brain and some Nano robotic parts that connects her body to his invention.

He went outside at the middle of the night with a shovel in that rain. The dog shouted him by its barks. He dig up the buried place to took the coffin out and brought back her wife's body to his lab. He left his dog barking outside the house and locked the door. He put her body in his lab table and took his knife. His eyes were shedding tears. He was not a surgeon to cut her easily. His hands was shaking because she was the one who he loved all the time. He placed the knife in her head with a determination of bringing her back to life. While he saw her head closely what he found was shocked him terrifically.

He rushed to look at his yellow notepad and flipped his pages to his past writings. He was thrown back by himself and His eyes were opened widely. He took a long gasp when he was shocked to found that what he had written a month ago was the same what he had written in the last page. And there were some stitches on his Wife's head.

Memories are life. Just make some good memories to your closed person before they leave. And Never forgot your memories.

Ajith Siva

Thank you for reading. please let me know your comments.