Betilla meeting Mr. Dark for the first time

Originally posted on  November 23rd, 2013

- - - - - - - - - -

One day, in the Primordial Forest, in times of a clever teensie hero, it was a sunny cheerful day. Betilla and her sisters were having lunch at Edith up's house. They were eating blueberry pie baked by Annetta. While they were eating, they heard Murfy yelling,

"Our hero defeated the evil guy! Our hero defeated the evil guy!" 

The girls were surprised and went out to check out what was happening. Murfy was yelling the message around with a big smile and hugged everyone he encountered. When Betilla came to Murfy, he hugged her too. 

"What great news! Our hero defeated the evil guy once again!" 

"You mean that guy in the blue cloak and hat?" asked Holly Luya. 

"Yes! I just saw them near the Dream Forest!" answered Murfy. "You had to see it ! The teensie hero just tricked that guy and kicked him in the face!" 

While he said that he continued yelling and hugging everyone. The girls were staring at him for a few seconds then Edith up said, 

"Man, Murfy is weird sometimes." 

The other girls giggled. Only Betilla didnt laugh. 

"Whats wrong, sis?" Edith up asked. 

"Oh, nothing, nothing." Betilla said.

"That's good then." Edith up smiled.

The girls returned inside and finished eating. Then each one went to their own house. Betilla was slowly flying to her house. She was thinking about the evil guy with the blue cloak and hat. She never saw him in real life, she only heard how he looks like and a few rumors about him. One of them was that he could hurt even a small Electoon. Betilla was scared just thinking about it so she kept flying and ignoring this fact. She almost reached her house. But suddenly, someone grabbed her from back. It was the evil guy! Betilla started to call for help and tried to fly away, but it was no use. The evil guy took Betilla away from the Primordial Forest. He was jumping from tree to tree while Betilla still tried to escape.

After some time, he stopped on one tree hiding behind it and started to look back. He was waiting while Betilla tried to hold her dress with one hand and push the guy away from her with her second hand. She was afraid he was going to hurt her or maybe even do something worse. But he didn't do anything. He was still waiting and looking back. Betilla was confused. She gained some courage and said,

"T-t-t-the hero will come soon and he will save me!" 

The guy didn't answer. He didnt even look at Betilla. 

"H-hey? Hey! Are you listening? At least look at me when I speak to you!" 

The guy slowly turned his head towards Betilla with a serious face. His yellow eyes were angrily looking at that poor nymph giving her a warning to 'Be quiet'. Betilla didnt know what to do, she got scared. She didn't want to risk his patience so she stayed quiet. The guy started to look back again without any word whatsoever.

"That's strange," thought Betilla. "Why is he waiting? Who is he waiting for? Maybe for our hero. I guess that's why he kidnapped me. Oh, but why me? Oh, please mister hero, please come and save me from this... rude silent monster!"

Betilla looked at the evil guy. He was still waiting for the hero. Betilla couldn't take this silence anymore, so she timidly asked: 

"H-hello? Mister? Can- can I ask you something? If I'm not interrupting your job..." 

The evil guy looked at Betilla with the same face as before. He was waiting for the question. 

"I-I'm actually seeing you for the first time and... and this is my first time being kidnapped and... uhh... please excuse me. I'm a bit nervous." 

The evil guy was kind of confused but not too surprised. Still he didn't say anything. 

"I wanted to ask you... What's your name actually? I only heard about your looks but never about your name."

"..........Call me Mr. Dark," said the guy. 

"Oh, Mr. Dark? I-I'm Betilla." 

"I don't need your name," said Mr. Dark. 

"Oh, I guess you're right. But... why do you attack our forest? Don't you want some friends? I would be your friend if you were kinder," said Betilla and kindly smiled hoping she can change Mr. Dark's mind. 

Mr. Dark didn't show her any sign of kindness, he was still looking at her with that serious face. ".......... Why the hell should I be kind just to be your friend?" 

Betilla was shocked by the way Mr. Dark said this. "P-people in the Primordial Forest don't like you and your way how you act to us. From all what I heard you even killed some of our heroes!" 

"So what?" 

"So what?! How can you be such a cruel man and do this to us? Why do you have to be evil? We would nicely greet you as a friend," cried Betilla. 

Mr. Dark was just looking at the crying Betilla. ".......... Dont snoop into private things. Why I hurt your poor friends is my business. Besides, it's weird how you try to talk to me when you're scared of me. But nevermind. You heard enough things from me," and returned to his job again.

"I want to get away from this beast!" thought Betilla. 

Suddenly she heard the calling of her name. It was the teensie hero searching for her and that evil guy. That was the sign for Mr. Dark to jump down. The hero saw him and prepared to fight him like always. The fight started. Most of the time Mr. Dark couldn't attack the hero because carrying a girl and also attacking wasn't so easy for him. So he just dropped the nymph and fought without her. It was better for him but still not helpful because he lost again. Mr. Dark ran away and the hero came to Betilla. 

"Are you okay, Betilla?" 

Betilla just quietly nodded and tried to smile. She still had few little tears in her eyes. The hero tried to cheer her up with kind smile and words.

"Now you're safe." 

They both then returned to the Primordial Forest.

It was evening. Betilla was looking through the window at the thousands of sparkling stars and two moons. She was thinking about that day's incident. She couldn't forget Mr. Dark's expression when he was looking at her. Betilla now understood why nobody liked this guy. This heartless man doesnt want to love nor respect anyone. His heart is just... evil! Full of anger! But why does he want to hurt people? Is there any reason why he acts the way he does? Betilla wanted to forget about him. She wished to never see this beast again. 

But then she smiled because she thought about her dear sisters and the teensie hero. At least those people are nearby her showing her some kindness and willingness to help. It's always better to think about close people who like or love you and the way you are.