Chapter 9

After I told my mom about Aj being a werewolf, she just simply nodded her head before Aj stumbled back into the kitchen as if he just ran back. He looked super giddy, like a kid who just got their favorite toy for Christmas.

   "The view from up here's amazing!" he told us while sporting a huge grin on his face.

   Me and my mom looked at each other for a second and then looked back at Aj. All of us burst out laughing from Aj's excitement.

Once we calmed down from laughing, Aj looked at his phone to check the time. At this point, the time that it took us to get to the apartment and the time that we were in here for, it's been a tad bit longer than needed for Aj to get back to his place without any stops. Because of this, he turns slightly pale while looking back up.

   "I should really get going now. Before my dad kills me."

   Before Aj even has a chance to turn around, my mom takes his phone and taps it a few times to do whatever she's doing. She then brings the phone to her ear, waiting for it to be picked up. While she's doing all of this, Aj's standing there, looking at her like he's seen a ghost. Before the phone does get answered, my mom slightly waves her hand in the direction of the door for the kitchen.

We did as we were told. Well, shown? I don't know.

I didn't know where exactly my mom wanted us to go, so I just started walking towards my room, figuring Aj would just follow me if he wanted to. I know I would if I was in his spot right now. For me, it'd be awkward to just be left in someone's living room.

   When I get to my room I leave the door open and just plop down on my bed while grabbing my sketchbook, pencil, and eraser.  This whole time, I've been able to smell Aj's scent, so I know he's here. It's honestly quite a strong scent. None of the other scents of werewolves, even the ones that don't cover theirs, don't have this strong of one. But, being the simpleton I am, I just ignore that fact and look up at Aj who is currently making his way to sit next to me.

   "She called your dad, if you couldn't tell by now," I say to Aj as he sits down. After I say that, I start to draw random lines, seeing what my mind will come up with this time.

   "I figured as much. I just wasn't fully sure."

   "Yeah, she's not one to really tolerate when parents are as strict as almost all of them are. She's not strict with me, but she worries. So, if I forget to tell her where I am, she can sometimes start to panick."

   "I get that," Aj then flopped down on his back an let out a huge, over dramatic sigh. And no, it's not the annoying type of one either. It actually made me almost laugh at how defeated he sounded. "I wish my dad wasn't how strict he is. Why can't he be like your mom? Like, I get that he's a cop and everything, but still."

   "This is random, but, I'm starting to think people are just friends with me so they can rant to me about random stuff," I stop drawing and turn my head to face him, "It's happened to me at least once with each of my friends."

   "I guess people just feel comfortable talking to you then. You are really easy to talk to, so I can see why."

   "Huh, I never pegged myself to be someone who comes off that way."

   Aj lets out a small laugh, "Ever consider being a therapist?"

   "Ha ha, very funny."

   At this point he's sitting up. "Hey, I'm just sayin'," he says as he puts his hands slightly up in surrender.

I tried to stay serious, but all that failed when he put his hands back down and let out a small laugh. I just couldn't help but smile.