Chapter Five

(Ps. The picture at the side is the vacation house and the girl's room)

7th October 2013

I grunted in pure annoyance and shifted around to find an at least decent position. It was no use. I sat up, pushing the girls away and rubbing my eyes for a clearer vision. A long yawn left my lips as I felt my eyes shutting again. Just as I was about to drift off to dreamland, the vibration of a phone jolted me up and as I searched for the sound, my eyes landed on my phone laying on the couch. After we returned from the beach yesterday, we decided to wash up and change into a more comfortable outfit, and have a movie marathon in the cinema. Yes, we have a cinema in the house, though it was way more awesome than the typical cinema. But you guessed it, we slept half way through the movie. Reaching out for the phone, I answered the call before placing it against my ears.

"Hello baby, how's everything going over there?" At the sound of Daddy's voice, I instantaneously felt vital and got up on my feet, towards the kitchen where it's quiet. They sure do snore like a man. "Daddy! It was wonderful! Thank you!" I screeched into my phone, pulling out a few eggs and cheese from the refrigerator and a small bowl from the cabinet. "Glad you like it baby girl, I just called to check up. We have a meeting a few, have fun!" Saying a few more replies, she hung up the phone and proceeded with breakfast. Today's menu is, Cheese Omelette!

"You're up?" I turned and watched Alicia as she stood beside me, tucking her hair behind her ears and drooling at the sight of the eggs. "Yeah, you guys snore like men" That caused her to break into a huge laughing fit, as she settled down on the dining table. Silence fell between us and then I finally spoke. "So, what's going on between you and that Aidan guy" She spat out the orange juice she was drinking as I hid a laugh behind a cough. She cleared her throat, her face reddened as seconds passed and avoided my eyes.

I couldn't hold back a giggle as I switched off the fire and served the omelet in a cute flower plate. Throwing the pan into the dishes, I carried the plate full of Omelette and sat across Alicia whom still looked sheepish. "Do you like him?" I asked in a low voice, eying her with a grin splattered across my face. I watched as she shifted in her seat, nodding hesitantly. Before I could release a peppy squeal, I was silenced when she slammed her palm on my hands, muttering "If you tell anybody about this I swear I would skin you alive" dangerously.

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed her hands, pulling it away from my mouth. "It's quite obvious Al. And it's also quite obvious that he's digging you too" Alicia's blush rose immediately as she turned away. Right then, Aria and Roni entered the kitchen and I watched as their eyes widen at the sight of the holy Omelette. 

We sat in silence, eating our breakfast when Aria decided to ask Alicia the same question as she spat out her orange juice again. Except this time, on me. The table was filled with laughters as I scurried up my seat and to the sink to wash off my eyes. Ouch. Once I felt the stinging subsided, I sauntered back to the table and sat down, continuing my meal. My gaze fell onto Alicia who were slumped in her seat, looking as red as a tomato. "What about you Mia?" Roni voiced, as I snapped my head towards her with confusion written all over me. I nodded my head, urging her to continue as the smirk on her lips broadened. It reminded me of Cameron for some reason. "Don't play dumb with us" It was Alicia's turn as she leaned towards me, resting her arms on the table with a sly look on. "I know you like him" I felt a blush crept up my cheeks as I scoffed, acting uneffected when truth is, I was. "You guys are ridiculous" I hissed while shaking my head in feigning bewilderment. Aria released a chuckle as she poked my cheeks and said, "then why are you blushing?"

The smirk on each of their faces spelt victory, and not wanting to admit defeat, I got up with the dishes on my hand. It's time to put my wondrous talent into action. "You ungrateful peasants! How dare you all teamed up against me after all my hard efforts on preparing breakfast. Each and everyone of you shall be punished! You shall clean the dishes and the room spotless! And if I see a single speck of dust, you shall be ready to face Hell" I said in a fake Russian accent, before prancing out of the room. I stopped at the living room as laughters echoed throughout the kitchen as I shook my head. Those dimwits. And so, I went into my room and wash up for the day.