Inosuke x Reader

It had been some time since you last saw Inosuke.  Being a demon slayer, you were usually busy with your job, but the last time you saw him had been weeks. You knew he couldn't be dead, he was too stubborn to be dragged down to hell with the demons.  You wondered if even Tanjiro had seen him, or maybe even Zenitsu, if he'd just stop crying. You joked to Nezuko that if he had seen him, it probably was too blurry through all the tears, despite her inability to respond properly.  You had to admit to yourself, you missed his feral screaming and tantrums. The king of the mountain was an absolute animal, and a cute one at that.

But what was the point of such a cute creature if one could never see it and appreciate it's beauty? There wasn't a point, not to you at least.  More days passed and you began to wonder, "what if something actually happened?"  You began to imagine various ways he could've gone out.  Such as, getting smashed by a boulder or actually losing to a demon.  The rain crashing against your window didn't help. It was a temporary home, a place to rest while you waited for your next mission.  The sound made the night restless, the sound growing more annoying with each raindrop.  The worst part was that it began to drip through the roof.

It had become dark as a raven's feather at this point. You were just beginning to doze off when you heard a noise.  You grabbed your nichirin blade and peeked out the window, but the thickness of the rain didn't allow you to see much.  Though it was a risk, you decided to leave the small house and investigate the sound, even if the ground would leave your shoes covered in mud and you would be soaking wet.  The sound was like footsteps, running footsteps. They ran in circles behind the tiny hut.  With the nichirin blade equipped, you slowly crept behind the hut, but what you saw was something you didn't expect.

It was Inosuke, running in circles.  You dragged him inside the hut, the rain dripping off of his boar mask.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You could get a cold!"

He grunted and mumbled something along the lines of, "I was beginning to wonder if you'd notice." Water came out of the boar skin's nostrils as he huffed.  You wondered how he got around in that thing.  It didn't even cross your mind how in the world he knew where you were, you were just thankful he was safe and nothing happened to him, he didn't even appear to have a scratch on him.

You tried to wrap your only blanket around Inosuke, but he insisted that he'd be fine.

"Fine by me, I'll just enjoy a rice ball myself then."  He gladly wrapped himself the blanket after that. He felt cold, but you guessed that it only made sense because you can't ever recall him wearing a shirt.

"Where is Tanjiro?" He asked. Tanjiro was also in a small hut, not too far from this one. He was likely sharing one with Nezuko and Zenitsu was probably alone, if he wasn't too chicken to, that is.

"Uh, hey, (Y/N)," The boar man began.  It felt unusual for him to speak in such a calm tone.

"Yeah, Piggy?"

"You wanna see my face? I have to take off the mask to eat anyway."  You had never seen his face. You knew Tanjiro had seen it before, but he didn't think it was that important for you to stress over.  Honestly, you were quite happy he had asked.

"Of course!" You kinda squealed. You'd hope it wasn't too complex of a face, as the room was only lit up by a candle.

"Great!" You could feel him smile from under the mask.

Inosuke slowly lifted up his mask. Excitement filled up your body as you could soon make out his chin and the ends of his hair.  However, his skin above his chin was... Green. He had a bulbous nose and beady eyes. His ears were less of ears and more of stalks. His breath also reeked of onions.

"Inosu-" He covered your mouth with his hand.

"Aye, lass.  Call me by my real name, Shrek."  You cried tears of joy and wrapped your arms around the ogre-boy.

"I love you, Shrek!" He tensed up, being slightly embarrassed, but soon gave in and pulled you closer in the embrace.  You kissed his green cheek as he responded in his Scottish accent.

"I know, I've known all along, and I love you too."