15; A New Case

It had been over a month since Mackenzie had joined Dean and Sam on the road. They had several successful hunts while working together, but unfortunately, the brothers were no closer to finding John and Mackenzie was no closer to finding her sister Quinn, which left everyone on edge lately.

The only bright side was that Mackenzie didn't have to deal with Dean much. They went on hunts together but kept it completely profession, and the times they had to be in the same room they kept the conversation centered around the case they were working on- meaning they never once talked about their make-out session or when she dumped ice down his pants.

At least once a day she had to hold back a laugh when she thought about that night- mostly whenever Dean would flinch anytime she reached out to grab her drink or come in contact with any ice. She knew she should probably apologize to him but always felt awkward bringing it up.

She hoped since he never said anything maybe that meant he just didn't remember much about it. It was obvious to her that he was drunk that night so she knew it was a possibility, but what she didn't know was, he did remember it. He remembered every moment; the feel of her lips against his, the way she breathed out his name and the feel of her pressed against him.

During that moment, feelings he had pushed away for the last two years were threatening to spill out, then the next thing he knew she was pushing him away, words were exchanged, then he felt freezing water and ice hitting his most sensitive area, quickly sobering him up and ending the intense moment they were having.

A part of him wanted to be pissed at her about it, but deep down he knew he deserved it for the way he acted. He never should have chased after her that night while intoxicated, which he made a future note to himself about- that and, stay away from her when she has ice.

In the meantime, he figured the best thing he could do was avoid her as much as he could in their downtime- which meant she spent all of her spare time with Sam and he had to watch the two get closer the more time passed. Something he still wasn't sure if he liked or not, but he refused to think about, or he would have to own up to some truths that he was feeling and he wasn't ready to do that yet.

It had been close to a week since their last hunt, Mackenzie and Sam were in her motel room as they searched for a new case, while Dean was in the other room sleeping.

"Find anything yet?" Mackenzie tossed the newspaper she had been reading onto the bed.

"Nope, you?" Sam looked over his laptop to look at her. He was sitting at the small table that was located off to the side near the bathroom, while she was sitting in the middle of the full bed.

"Nope, nothing at all." She was anxious to start a new case, she was hopeful that each one would bring her closer to finding Quinn. Reaching out, she grabbed another newspaper and glanced over it silently for a few minutes, before lowered it to look over at Sam. "Have you heard anything from John?"

Looking up from the laptop again, he said, "No, not since he text Dean that address."

"I still wonder why he sent you there. 'Cause there was no way in hell he would send you to help me," she pointed out.

"I dunno, maybe he sent us to stop you?" he suggested. She still haven't told him about her past with Dean, but she did tell him about John's hatred for her and her father- still leaving out Michael's death though. She wasn't ready to revisit that day yet.

"Could be." She went back to reading the newspaper. After a few more minutes, she sat the paper down with a groan. "Why is this so hard? It shouldn't be this hard to find someone, I feel like we're going in circles."

"I know what you mean." He sighed. "I feel like every time we are close to finding Dad or Quinn, we hit a dead end, then have to start all over again."