Chapter Two

We all made our way to the car with no trouble at all. Once we all got into the car however things got awkward. Real fast. Yong-sun tried to be friendly and make conversation. Asking me questions while I answered pretty vaguely to most they still kept coming. She was full of them.

"So do you have any favorite bands?" Yong-sun asks me while scrolling threw a playlist.

"Um, yeah. I really like SHINee." I smile at my answer, knowing the joke between me and Jimin. It was our song.

"Really? Oh my goodness me too!" Yong-sun looks at Jimin with affection in her gaze. "Mine and Jimin's song is from SHINee!"

Hearing that just now practically stops my heart. "Their" song is by SHINee too?? It couldn't be "our" song. Jimin wouldn't betray me like that.

"Oh really?" I say causally. "Which one? I'll probably know it." Yong-sun was about to answer when Jimin cuts her off looking slightly guilty.

"Are you hungry Elle?" Jimin asks me a little strained.

"Oppa!" Yong-sun says in a whiny voice. "Don't interrupt me, you know it's my biggest pet peeve." Jimin justs awkwardly smiles and nods his head. Signaling that he was sorry.

"Our song is Ring Ding Dong." She says this with every ounce of pride a person can manage. A look of hurt crosses my face but I quickly hide it and turn away.

"Never heard of it." I say knowing it will hurt Jimin. I don't see him turn his head towards me but I can feel the hurt and shock. "Also I'm not hungry. Just want to get home so I can sleep."

"Of course you must be jetlagged, Peggy can you go a little faster?" Yong-sun says politely.

"Sure, I am going a little under. I'll speed up just a bit. We're almost there anyways.

For the rest of the ride we just listened to the radio, since my sister had turned it up so we couldn't really hear each other. I love her even more. She knows me so well.

About 30 minutes later we arrive at my sister's apartment. Peggy helps me with my suitcase and kisses me on the cheek.

"I have to go drop them off. But I'll be back shortly." Peggy goes back to the door to put her shoes on. "Nothing has really moved in the last year. So everything should be where it was before you left." I nod when she looks up from her shoes.

"I love you Elle," Peggy says giving me a synthetic look. " We can talk about it when I get home if you want." She offers to me, I know exactly what that "it" is.

I shake my head and say "It's ok I just want to take a shower and go to sleep."  Peggy leaves and I take my suitcase to my room.

Everything was exactly where I had left it. I smile and grab some pjs. I make sure to take a nice hot shower washing away my worries. I don't think about Jimin. Or his new girlfriend. I don't think about how I'll have to go back to my old high school. I just empty my mind. When I'm done and changed into my tank and sweats I go into my room and sink into my nice welcoming bed. Who will never do me wrong.

I wake up to a sweet aroma of warm juicy fruit. I immediately hop out of my bed and make my way towards the kitchen. When I enter I see that my sister has made me my favorite dish ever New York Cheesecake pancakes with fresh strawberries on top and whip cream. Peggy is currently working on making over-hard eggs.

"Is this for me?" I ask sitting at the bar counter.

"What am I your slave?" She asks sarcastically. I just laugh and snag a strawberry. I look over at the time and see that it's already 6pm. We gotten back around 12:30 ish. That was by far the best nap I've ever had.

"So ready to go back to your old high school?" Peggy moves the freshly made over-hard eggs to a plate. Completing it and handing it to me.
Though Peggy doesn't give me my fork waiting for my answer.

"I guess so. I definitely have to catch up with Seol." Seol being my best friend since ever. I've only been calling and texting with her for the past year. I really miss her quirky and free sassy spirit. Peggy hands me my fork satisfied with my answer.

"So did you date anybody aboard?" Her question stops my fork which had almost successfully gotten to my mouth.

"Um. . .Well-" I stress how to put this the right way.

"Come on!" She ways her hands in front of my face. "Be gone cat." She says shooing away an imagery cat.

"We didn't date or anything but there was a guy who was super nice to me." I sigh. "But he followed me around everywhere."

Peggy let's out an "Oh, one of those guys." Peggy had also spent a few years aboard more than me. I wondered if she would have stayed if it wasn't for our parents not wanting to take care of me anymore. Peggy is 7 years my older. I'm only a Junior in high school. While she came back to Korea. Our parents just up and left us one night. Not telling us anything.

"Well I'm glad you got to go aboard! At least you had fun." Peggy sits beside me with her plate all ready.

"I did have fun and I learned a lot. Thanks sis." We both share a smile and start stuffing our faces.

"It's so good Peg!" I say letting out a sound of joy. She mimicks my sound of joy as well praising her work.

We spend the rest of the night laughing and catching up. As soon as we get to bed it totally hits me that I have to go back to school tomorrow. I don't even have an outfit picked out.

I run to Peggy's room and throw the door open.

"Peg! I need to pick out an outfit for school tomorrow! I need help!" Peggy smiles at me and nods.