xix. a proposition

PLEASER !

CHAPTER NINETEEN - A PROPOSITION !

PHONE CALL !

addi is calling !

decline accept

call accepted !

call connecting . . .

"robin," addi said in lieu of an actual greeting as robin picked up the phone.

"addi," robin said, adding a curt nod she knew the girl at the other end of the line wouldn't see (though, she somehow felt addi would still know what she had done).

"were you calling just to say my name or was there an actual purpose?" robin asked with a grin after a few moments of silence.

addi gasped mockingly, "would i ever call you without a good reason?"

"lest we not forget the rocky road incident."

"hey! that was a great reason to wake you up at one in the morning," addi argued, not for the first time.

"oh, yes, yes, of course. what is it this time, then? mint chocolate chip?" she teased.

"i still think you're crazy for not liking it . . ." addi murmured, hardly audible through the phone, "but no," she continued, raising her voice back to a normal level, "i had a proposition about winter break."

"enlighten me."

"new york?"

"heard of it."

addi huffed out a laugh. "and what are your thoughts?"

"well, i am applying to nyu for a reason," robin pointed out.

"yeah, that's true." addi quieted down for a few moments, as she often did whenever college was brought up, before speaking again, "would you want- could you be able to go there during winter break?"

robin gave a considerate hum, before wincing. "honestly? i'm sure i'd have to stay home for christmas. i don't know how i feel about leaving my parents alone. or if they'd even let me go."

"and that, my dear blue robin, is the beauty of this trip! we wouldn't leave until the twenty-sixth!"

"so, you're telling me new york for a whole week with no guilt about leaving my parents alone?"

"that is exactly what i'm telling you."

"addi!" robin exclaimed. "why didn't you start with that!"

"i wanted to drag out the surprise! also, i didn't know if you'd agree."

"i mean . . . technically i haven't asked my parents, but there's no way i'm not going to this."

"really?" addi asked hopefully.

"really. besides," she hesitated before quietly adding, "i'd follow you anywhere."

"good to know we're on the same page," addi said, voice noticeably softer than it had been and a smile on her face. "i'll see you tomorrow? we'll talk about the details then?"

"see you tomorrow," robin confirmed with a matching smile.