Chapter One

Bading!
I've gotten used to the sound of my phone going off in the middle of the night, but it sounded especially loud tonight. I picked up my phone, running my finger up and down the puffy Hello Kitty sticker on my phone case.
The text is from Eric.

❤Bae😻❤❤

3:17 am
[Hey Butters]
                [Hiya, Eric!]
[How are you]      
                [I'm alright, love]
[Ew no pet names faggot]
                      [Oh. Okay.]
[Can you come over]      
             [Sorry, I'm grounded.]
[You gotta stop listening to your parents. You're acting like a pussy.]
                        [Sorry.]
  [Going to bed. Ttyl]

I wish he'd stop teasing me, but that's just how he is. I know he loves me. Eric has never lied to me! I plug my phone back in and roll over.
I don't end up sleeping very well. The chubby boy is the only thing I can think of. Everyone tells me he's a terrible person, but I don't think so. Sure, he's told me some messed up things, but he's still a great guy. And the boyfriend I've always wished for.
In the morning, I get my stuff together and get dressed.
I put on one of Eric's hoodies (he let me have one after we started dating) and run downstairs.
"Hey dad!" I say, smiling. My mom is making bacon, and my dad is reading the newspaper.
He doesn't even look up at me. Ah, well. He is always pretty in the zone when he reads.
"Butters, why does your jacket smell like Cheesy Poofs? We don't buy those snacks." My mom asked. Is the smell that strong?
I shrug. "It's my friend's. He left it at our house last time he came over and said I could keep it." I don't like lying to my parents, but I'd get even more grounded if they found out I was gay. The reason I'm grounded in the first place is because I painted my nails pink, and my dad "didn't want a homo for a son."
I sat down at the table, and my mom placed a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me.
"Thanks, mom!" I said, smiling. I shoved the food in my mouth, wanting to get out the door as quick as possible. I wave and run to the bus stop. Eric is the only one there so far. I try to hug him, but he stuck his hand out. "Butters, people are gonna think I'm the gayest one at school for dating you. Especially because you're a pussy. We've talked about this." He says, spitting venom. I frown. "I know, I know. No public affection. I've just missed you." Eric scoffed at me, crossing his arms. I'm sure he's just afraid he'll get made fun of.
His eyes were full of anger, however, which made me back up. He's pretty intimidating, despite being shorter than me. I fold my hands behind my back. "So, how have you been?" I ask now rocking back and forth on my feet.
"Pretty alright until you showed up." He mumbled. My mood instantly worsened. "C'mon Eric.." I say, mostly to myself. He turns on his feet and smacks me across the face.
"Shut up, fag! My friends are coming!" He shouts. It stung. At this point I couldn't tell if it was the slap that was making me tear up, or the fact he shouted at me.
"Just go cut yourself or something. Just leave me alone." He growled, making me tear up more. I backed up further, afraid he might hit me again, than ran. The other bus stop was up by Token's house, which wasn't too far. When I got there, Token, Clyde, Jimmy, Craig, and Tweek were all there. They all looked sort of surprised to see me, as I usually take the bus Eric is on.
"H-Hey fellas!" I say, my voice sort of choked up.
Token immediately ran up to me. "Oh shit, Butters! What happened?!" He touched his hand to my cheek, still red. "Oh, just Eric. You know how he gets when he's mad." I chuckle, fiddling with my hands.
"I'll kill him damnit!" Token shouts, moving his hand away from me. Clyde laughed. "Damn, Token the Mom strikes again!" The dark-skinned boy scoffed. "Shut up, son." He said, rolling his eyes. The exchange made me laugh.
"H-He's a good person, fellas. Really!" I said, scratching the back of my neck. They all said he wasn't right for me, but I know he loves me. Or, at least, I love him.
The bus showed up, preventing me from anymore awkward scenarios, and I rode to school.
I'm sure Eric will feels better and we can hang out! Maybe he'll even let me...kiss his cheek!

word count: 795