Chapter Three

Kenny pulls off his mittens, aggressively stomping over to Eric. Kyle and I watch in anticipation as I see the hooded boy throw a punch.
Eric stumbles backwards, his nose now bleeding.
"What the fuck, Kinny?! I thought we were friends!" The blonde boy's striking violet eyes filled with anger. He didn't even respond. He just kept punching Eric.
I was frozen. I couldn't stop him. "Babe, help me!" Eric cried. But I couldn't. My legs were locked to the floor.
Before I know it, Eric has two black eyes, missing teeth, and a busted lip. His body goes limp, except for his chest and stomach, which gently moved up and down as he breathed. I was finally able to move my feet, and I rushed over to him.
"Oh hamburgers! Eric, Eric, can you hear me?!" He opens his eyes gently. "Of course, pussy. Now help me up, you cheating skank." I smiled, offering my hand. "I'm happy you're alive." "I'm sad you aren't."
Unbeknownst to me, the bus was sitting, waiting for us to climb on. Kenny grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me on.
The two of us sat down together. "Leo, why the fuck are with Eric?" He asked, anger still flaring in his gaze.
"Well, I love him, and he loves me, I think, so.." I say, shrugging. Kenny's face softened. "Leo, if you don't know, Eric is just using you. He's trying to make Kyle jealous so they can get together." The words pierced me like a knife. "No, no.. I'm sure he loves me." I say, smiling sadly.
But deep down, I know it's not true.
He loves Kyle, but I can't bring myself to leave him.
After all, he'll kill himself.
Kenny sighs audibly, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
"You know I hate to get serious, but you gotta ditch his ass. Maybe hook up with me after." He says playfully, poking my chest. I laugh. He's always able to cheer me up.
"You're funny, Ken." "I know."
The bus arrived at school and Kenny and I walked in together. We talked all morning, until it was class time. When we walked in, there was another thing on it.

It read..
"Kill yourself, you cheating whore. ❤
-Love, Eric"

I smile sadly. He really does want me dead. This time, there was no way he was joking.

Tap. Tap. Tap.
The sounds of my tears hitting the desk rang in my ears. He wants me to die. He thinks I'm cheating on him.
My chest feels like it's being crushed by the weight of my realization.
Everyone seemed to pick up my sadness as they all rushed to see my desk.
But..they all start laughing. Laughing about how I was dating Cartman. Spewing homophobic remarks. All but Kenny.
I pushed my way out of the classroom, aggressively wiping at my eyes. But, the tears kept falling. My quick footsteps were the only sound that split the deafening silence in the halls. I stomped my way up several flights of stairs until I reached it.
The rooftop. Everyone rushed out to the front of the school. My hands trembled.

What'll happen once I'm dead?
Will I go to heaven?
Hell?
Do they even exist?
The fear loomed over me, but I couldn't stop myself.

Shortly, the news crew arrived at the scene.
"There's a kid up there!"
"Don't jump!"
I see a woman with blonde hair pushing through the crowd.
"That's my son up there! Butters! Please don't do this!"

All of the shouts cut deeper than a razor, but there was no way I could be swayed. Even the person I loved most wants me dead, so what's the point in living?

I take a step closer to the edge.

I climb onto the railing.

"G-Goodbye, fellas." I mutter, smiling.

word count: 642

Ps: sorry for the shortish chapter