Aizawa ➳ What A Pro Hero Is

You had just sat down to snuggle with your pooch when an alarm rang throughout your house. You sighed, sadly pushing your dog off your lap and onto the couch so you could get into your superhero gear. "Location?" you shouted. The automated response told you the address and you left the house to go kick this bad guy's butt.

You were a pro hero, maybe not in the top 10 but still up there, not that anyone really knew who you were. You hoped one day you'd be one of the greats so you didn't have to work a crummy fast food job, but for now you were happy to get any chance thrown in your lap to prove yourself.

When you arrived you saw another hero already reaching for the door. That was fine, you'd have someone to vouch for your greatness then. Until they spotted you coming and turned.

"Oh great," you both said at the same time. It was Aizawa Shouta, the Erasure hero. If there was one person you could say with confidence was the exact opposite of you, it was him. He thought the whole fame and fortune part of hero work was stupid, like there was no point to living a happy debt-free life. He also didn't care for long drawn-out fights, which was fine, except then nobody saw how great you were at being a hero. He even had cat hairs on his shirt (and everyone knows dog and cat lovers don't mix)!

"Let's just get this over with," he grumbled, putting his goggles on and throwing open the building door. You entertained the idea of leaving but figured that'd make you look worse than just sucking it up, so you followed him. The first floor was empty so you advanced to the next, then the next.

Suddenly you froze. You tried to move your foot. Nothing. You tried to look around, to tell Aizawa something was wrong, but you couldn't. From what you could see the floor was crowded with desks and chairs, a run of the mill office, so the villain must have a paralysis quirk and was hiding somewhere.

"Keep up (Y/N)," Aizawa grunted, glancing back at you before starting the next flight of stairs. He was leaving! As soon as he was out of sight a dark figure approached, toying with a scalpel.

"You're going to be fun to dissect." He grinned. You fought the paralysis but you didn't move a muscle. Why couldn't Eraser Face be useful for once?! Then the scalpel was wacked out of the villain's hand by a scarf and you could move again. The villain turned to glare at him. "You."

"Me," Aizawa replied boredly and wrapped him up in his scarf.

"Why'd you just walk off?" you shouted, crossing your arms. "Aren't you supposed to work with other heroes? Oh wait, that's right, you work alone."

"I was working with you: you were the bait."

"You used me as bait?!" You marched up to him, hands in fists.

"Can we not do this right-" He froze. It was miniscule but Aizawa turned just slightly to look at you and stopped erasing the villain's quirk. The villain glared at Aizawa as he backed away, not taking his eyes off the hero.

"He needs to keep his eyes on us to freeze us. Heh, sounds like you Eraserhead. You long last cousins or something?" You rose a brow at him and you swore his lip twitched. "Fine, I'll get him." You tried to use your quirk, flexibility (like Helen from The Incredibles), but when it didn't work, you remembered Aizawa was looking at you. What a hindrance. You stepped out of his view and stretched your legs to look over the cubicles. You froze.

Aizawa ran past you. "You need to focus! We need to keep moving so we know when he's using his quirk on us." He barely got the words out before he froze mid-jump. He landed on your outstretched hand, then you froze and he was off again. You barely got a step before freezing, then becoming free, then freezing. He must be switching his gaze between you two constantly. How annoying. Getting an idea, you shrunk down to mouse size and scampered around the desks. The sound of a chair falling over caught your attention and you saw Eraserhead flat on his face. You held back a snicker and searched for the villain, knowing he had to be nearby. This had to be the worst game of hide-and-seek you'd ever played.