Starving

~Angela's POV~

Rick signals me to walk in first with Daryl as he swings the door open. I walk in with my gun up and aimed. Daryl gave a sign that the back of the house is clear, then Rick gave a signal that the front of the house is clear. I open the door and everyone piles in. Lori waddles in last with her big stomach. I close the door and block it. Daryl walks out of a room plucking an owl. I checked the medicine cabinets in the bathroom and grabbed a few things.

I walked into the living room area once I checked a few rooms. I looked around and everyone was skinny. Everyone was silent and loopy. We had no energy to do anything but we kept staying positive. Then we all heard the moans of the dead and quickly got up silently and went out the window. I climbed in the car and started it. Then we all started driving again.

After an hour and a half of walking we decided to stop and get water. I parked the car next to the others and walked out with everyone else. Rick explained everyone's plan and job. I started walking with Rick and Daryl like I was assigned to. We came across a trail that led to a lake. We looked to our right and saw a huge prison. There were walkers inside but the fences were up.

"That could be our only hope for a safe place." I said in awe as I admired the land.

"We don't know how dangerous it is inside." Daryl explained.

"Think about it. An armory, food, secure place for Lori's baby." I said.

"It's risky but we can scope out a bit and see what we can do." Rick said while squinting into the distance admiring the prison in front of us.
We got water from the lake and started heading back to tell everyone we have found a prison.

We got hack and told everyone and agreed to start scoping the area. I explored more towards the north tower. There were walkers all around the place but it's nothing we can't deal with. There could be more walkers inside but we never know. I looked around where the door was to get inside one of the towers. Then I started walking over to the rest of the group. We all told everyone our plan and what we saw.

Glenn cut the fence open a little bit and rushed everyone in. We all ran in and calling walkers to come get us from through the fence. I took out a few that made it to the fence. Everyone was taking out walkers one by one.

"Alright someone needs to go run for the gate while we cover them." Rick said. Then everyone started arguing about who goes and who doesn't. Then Rick assigns is to go to certain places and then says "I'll get the gate." He grabbed the cutters and was going to cut it.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah I'll be fine just make sure everyone has an eye on me." He winked then climbed through the hole he made. I started distracting walkers and killing them so Rick doesn't get too crowded.

He started sprinting and I got my gun and killed a few that was closest to him. Then he got to the door and opened it. We all cheered and started happily killing walkers. Rick got to the top of the tower and smiled at me as we killed the walkers.

Once it was all clear we walked into the nice clear grassy area. "Yes we haven't had this much space since the farm!" Carol said while getting exited with Sofia behind her. Everyone started laughing and cheering about the space we have and the possibility of food and guns inside.

For the rest of daylight we have left we all cleared walker bodies out and burned them. By the time we all got done it was dark and everyone was by a fire eating the owl Daryl got earlier. Rick was keeping watch and taking laps around the prison fences. I got up and started walking towards him.

"Hey." I said while approaching him.

"Hey." He replied holding his rifle and looking off into the distance.

"You should rest, it's safe here. Lori can have her baby here." I smiled and winked at him. I turned around when I heard Beth singing. Rick and I started walking over to the fire to sit down and listen to the beautiful singing of Maggie and Beth.

"Of all the money that e'er I had

I spent it in good company

And all the harm I've ever done

Alas it was to none but me

And all I've done for want of wit

To mem'ry now I can't recall

So fill to me the parting glass

Good night and joy be to you all

So fill to me the parting glass

And drink a health whate'er befalls

And gently rise and softly call

Good night and joy be to you all

Of all the comrades that e'er I had

They're sorry for my going away

And all the sweethearts that e'er I had

They'd wish me one more day to stay

But since it fell unto my lot

That I should rise and you should not

I gently rise and softly call

Good night and joy be to you all

Fill to me the parting glass

And drink a health whate'er befalls

And gently rise and softly call

Good night and joy be to you all

La La

But since it fell unto my lot

That I should rise and you should not

I gently rise and softly call

Good night and joy be to you all

So fill to me the parting glass

And drink a health whate'er befalls

And gently rise and softly called

Good night and joy be to you all

Good night and joy be to you all."

This is a new beginning.

(Edited)