♡ Stargaze | Eli Clark

It was only dark when the sky appears the most beautiful. Every ounce of lavender faded into blue hues, the clear moon sprinkling the sparkling stars of twilight. A trail of left over daylight hinders from the everlasting darkness of the night, enveloping the sky with saturated light.

If only the view could last forever, then you would never look away. But alas, even the night sleeps as the sun awakes from slumber.

A night owl was what you were, always staying up late and never being able to sleep without witnessing the face of the night. It gave out a nostalgia, a fragment of a bittersweet memory of your childhood days. Your mother would always stay up late, waiting for your father who came home with lipstick on his cheek and purple bruises on his neck. It never occurred to you that it was a painful picture your mother had to endure, always wearing a smile, yet had held onto sorrowful days.

She always told you that the stars up in the sky had drawn stories, littered in the endless blue. She was always fascinated with them, telling stories of what her own mother used to tell. It became a hobby, for you to listen to her wonderful stories-but also used to her unwilling cries of the night. Whatever comes after a happy ending, leads to an unfair reality.

Soon she fell terribly ill, always bedridden with blue roses laying by her side. Your mother loved them so much, so you'd always get them for her. You never questioned it, until she said that they were always given by your father before he had left. By the age of youth, so badly did you want to earn money to pay the dept your father had left you with, the amount of numbers stacking one by one as he continues to shove on your body began to weigh freedom as it kept slowly walking away.

By the time you even had enough to get medicine, you mother had left just like the wilting blue roses by her side. She had left, and once again, you were terribly alone. In a struggle to be free from the rising dept, you accepted this death game for money you didn't realize would give more pain than relief.

Perhaps that was why you always found yourself sitting by the window, watching as the open breeze catches your hair to a flow. In the night, all worries suddenly disappeared in blue hues and sparkling stars. They let you feel the warmth of the night rather with the open sun. Even with the silence, the echoes of trees dancing with the wind catches a song like-melody.

"You're up late."

You jolted, body wincing as your hand accidentally hits the cheek of your beloved partner. A loud smack could be heard from the whole hallway, a visible red mark embedded itself on the seer's face. Afraid and distraught at your sudden action, you launched yourself towards the taller male in a guilty attempt to redeem this unfortunate outcome.

"Oh no! I-I'm so sorry, Eli!" You carefully examined the mark, your hand slowly yet hesitantly floating above the stinging pain. It was evident of your panic, mouth agape and body frantically shaking in dismay had completely given out the sign of disbelief.

Eli had already recovered, barely giving any sign of hurt. He knew he deserved it, fully knowing that he shouldn't scare you when your reflexes were always on point. It also wasn't the first time this happened either, and unsurprisingly this seer did not learn from previous mistakes. "It's alright, I should have been more careful," he said, a little guilty for making you feel also guilty.

Of course this did not faze you, not a splinter of restlessness pulling away as the thoughts of regrets and options swirled in your head.

"I'm fine, I promise. Don't worry now, I'm more concerned about your sleep schedule," Eli tilted his head, the navy blue mask slowly sliding off his face. Only did he notice when you had said nothing but stared at his eyes.

They were beautiful, cerulean irises forming an endless puddle of stars. They had captured your attention, driven with the picture of the sky and moon above your figures, a fragment of light barely touching your bodies. Eli's eyes were barely seen behind the mask, and even in a relationship did he bother to take them off only once in a while-and you would always be found lost in those galaxies. They were like moving pictures, captured in small circles. Hand reaching out towards the male's face, your fingertips danced around his jawline, still out of mind and focused onto his bright eyes. A glint from the night reflected itself through his face, a silent calm hovering a familiar figure.

Entranced in a state of awe, you had quickly regained consciousness as the position left you in a warm mess. Checks flared and eyes averting themselves to the side, your lips quivered to look back. Eli Clark was a man out of this world. Like a boy right out of a fairy tale, Eli was always so remarkable. With the eyes of the future and his calm presence, it was a miracle he would be beside you right now. If you could, truly you would freeze time as the view was everything.

"You're dozing off again, is there something wrong?" Eli gave you a quick nudge, a tender smile stretching from his soft lips. He blinked a few times, cerulean ocean eyes lingering on the figure of his beloved.

"N-No...sorry, I just got lost in your eyes again," you responded much better than in your head for once, a slight fluster seeped through red rosy cheeks. Mustering the courage to look back into those blue traps of his eyes, you took this moment as a time to let your heart out.

"Eli?"

"Yes?"

"....Thank you..for always being here with me, despite all the things we both went through," you struggled to compose yourself, embarrassment finding itself crawling back to your feet, the claws of shyness gnawing at your chest.

Eli could only chuckle, a serenity of his voice echoed through your head like a gust of wind. With a familiar embrace, you could just barely keep your eyes open, as the stars of the night twinkled with a wish that was finally granted– a wish you had longed for.

'I wish for Eli to be happy'

He did. He found happiness under the night sky with you...

A/N: A short oneshot before my exams ^^;