Love Blossoms in Spring

My favorite season of the year has begun, Spring. Ah, how lovely the cherry blossoms are during this time. The soft, pinkish-white petals of the flowers that belong to its thin, neutral brown branches. All of it excites me. If only this moment could last forever. Hmm...But that reminds me of a certain story. The story of the day, I met an angel in spring.

Flashback Storytime:

I sat down under a cherry blossom tree, planted near the bridge that looked out to a stream, on a soft patch of grass. There was nothing I wanted more on a Saturday morning than this. Bliss was the feeling to describe it. But as I looked around, couples were everywhere. Gawking at the couples, it made my heart beat a little faster, as if it were my own love story, just swelling with hope.

What is love?

Maybe someday, could it happen to me too? Is it going to be as sweet as candy? Or even as warm as the sun's rays? Some say Spring is the season of love.

What time is it?

I looked down at my watch and it was already 10 AM. Time sure passed by quick.

I started walking around instead and in the corner of my eye, I spotted a small, cute coffee shop that had a sign hanging out in the glass window that said, "Nijo Koya Coffee." Without much hesitation, I began walking towards the authentic place. I very much enjoyed small, local coffee shops. You will never know when you would stumble across a hidden gem, like a mystery waiting to be uncovered.

I arrived in front of the place and pulled the handle to the door, there was a bell attached to it. Ding.

I looked around the small shop. It felt very warm with dark wooden interiors. There were hanging plants everywhere and glass was part of the theme.

I took a whiff at the smell of what can be described as earthy and nutty coffee beans

How delightful.

"Konnichiwa, welcome to Nijo Koya Coffee." A soft voice greeted me. Curious, I turned my head to the source of the heavenly sweet voice. Bad idea.

At that very moment, it was as if time had stopped its breathing. The owner was just like its voice, an angel. I was taken aback by her beauty, all of it. Her hair was mid-length with black strands hanging off her petite shoulders. Her eyes were a shade of dark brown. They were interestingly round and well complimented her small almond-shaped face. If you stared into those large orbs any longer, it could pull you inside like a blackhole. Yet, they were eyes that held much sincerity and innocence. Her lips were plump with a tint of red. Her teeth, straight and white with a blinding shine to it. Oh her gummy smile could melt you in seconds! It was genuine and one that could send you running for miles on end. She was quite tall, probably around 5' 4. She looked to be taller than me by 1 inch.

I wonder what her name is?

My eyes wandered to the metal name tag stuck on her brown apron. "Myoui Mina."

What a pretty name.

"Can I help you miss?"

I suddenly snapped back to reality, feeling my face burning up and a blush slowly crept up. I hadn't realized I've been standing at the entrance since my stepping inside. Embarrassed, I took the nearest seat available at the countertops.

Great Chaeng, what a wonderful way to start your day and embarrass yourself.

"What can I get for you today?" She looked at me from the other side of the counter and chuckled.

Her presence, so close... I think I could faint.

My heart started racing, feeling like it could explode out of my small body and my hands were getting clammy.

Is this what they call love?

I shook my head at my own thoughts and managed to choke out, "Uh- Hey... Can I get a small cup of black coffee?"

"Of course, coming right up!"

I breathed out slowly.

She really took my breath away.

I watched as she poured the hot coffee into a green ceramic mug and handed it to me.

"Here you go. Enjoy!" She winks.

Heavens save me did she just winked?

I choked again as I chugged down the coffee, forgetting it was boiling hot.

"HOT HOT."

I placed the cup on the table and started to fan my tongue.

"Oh! Here, drink this. It'll help to calm your tongue." She then gave me a cup of cold water.

"Thank you," I said shyly and gulped the cold water down.

"Be careful the coffee is hot haha. What's your name?"

I looked at her with widened eyes but after what felt like ages, I finally replied, "My name is Son Chaeyoung. What about you?"

"Nice to meet you Chaeng-chan, I'm Mina!" She stuck her hand out, waiting for me to shake it.

I shook it without a second thought and smiled brightly.

End of Flashback story

With that, it brings us back to today. Can you believe it has been 46 years since it happened? We were so young then, just two 22-year-olds trying to fulfill life. But now, we are happily married with three kids.

Love comes at you in the most unexpected way possible. There's no telling when. There's no telling where. There's no telling who. It can be interpreted in so many ways that it's near impossible to pinpoint an exact definition. But just remember wherever you are, whoever you are, it will always exist.

Love is love.

Author Note:

*Comment if you want me to write Mina's POV of the story!!*

Thank you guys for reading my first one-shot story. This was actually my assignment from English class (names changed) and I thought it was cute so here we are. I don't think anyone is gonna read this but if u did I am very thankful and will be posting more in the future (possible full story on Saida soon.)

Hwaiting :DD