And

chapter 15 | jumping

It was a wide expanse of of cloud-infested-skies slowly fading behind the other cliff top.

There was no other way to describe it.

Then, there was the sea. The calm water, with the sun's light bouncing around on it as if it was dancing.

"So, what do you think?" Peri asked.

What did he think? He was speechless. It was the most beautiful thing Troye had ever seen. After the beautiful soul of Peri Monroe.

"It's...it's perfect." Troye faltered.

She smiled at him.

"I come here whenever I feel down." She laced her fingers through his. "You know what makes me feel so much better?" She turned to Troye.

"What?"

"Jumping."

Then, Peri stripped off her large jumper, leaving her purely in a thin grey t-shirt. Her hair, previously tied up into a messy bun, was pulled out.

"Watch me fly, Callagher."

Peri shifted a few steps back, before sprinting off the edge off the small cliff. Her eyes were clamped closed and her hair flew in the wind behind her.

A little splash followed and she quickly surfaced on the shiny blue waters.

"You coming, Troye?" She asked, laughing. "Come on!"

Troye laughed his head off at Peri.

"You're crazy, Monroe!" He shouted; his voice echoing into the dusk air.

"Call me what you want, Troye Callagher! You're coming in!"

Raking his dark hair back, Troye took his shirt off, revealing his bare chest. He wanted to feel that serenity Peri felt. He wanted to fly. Even just for a second.

It was a cold night, and Peri, reading his mind shouted:

"It's warm in here!" Her head was bobbing up and down on the surface of the clear water.

"I'm coming- look out!" Troye screamed in reply.

He scanned the beautiful sloping hills one last time, before doing something he never thought he'd do.

Jump.

Wind rushed through his hair. His lungs. Everything. Time lingered on. The natural curves of the mountain-tops began to move further away.

Troye Callagher flew. And nothing else mattered.