Chapter Sixteen

Barry's next lesson was chemistry. "I'm so sorry I'm late Mr Evans.. I was-" "Chris Steward, get to your seat, you're disrupting the class."

Barry slouched. He walked slowly to this seat. "And as I was saying-" he felt a little bored listening to the teacher talking. A slight 'ding' gave him a shock. He dug into his pocket to find a notification on his phone. He flipped the cover to reveal a message from the girl. The girl that he helped with the papers. He gave a slight smile.

Hey! Thanks for earlier! I'm so super clumsy :P
                                                                                              - 8:14 a.m.-

He gave a small smile. He didn't expect to get a message from her that fast. He looked up to see if the teacher was watching him and quickly sent her a reply back.

                                                                                                                     Welcome! It's okay. We are all clumsy.Right?
-Sent, 8:15 a.m.-

Barry went to the cafeteria, feeling drained from memorising all the periodic tables and the chemical reactions in one lesson. He sighed as he held his tray in one hand, looking for Caitlin through the crowds. He spotted her. He walked towards her when someone called him.

"Hey!!" He turned around to see who that was. It was Vanessa, smiling widely and waving her hand in the air as if she was a mad person. "Would you like to join me for lunch?" She shouted. "Uhh-" Barry thought as he looked behind him to see Caitlin and Felicity, seating at the table, enjoying their lunch. It wouldn't hurt if I had lunch with Vanessa for a day.. I mean, she's eating alone...

Barry bit his bottom lip as he went to sit next to Vanessa. "Hey." He said as he set down his tray and began eating. "Actually." She started. "We didn't really introduce ourselves back there, didn't we?" She put her hand out. "I'm Vanessa Redlynn." He shook her hand. "I'm Chris Stewart." As they were introducing themselves, they didn't notice an angry looking Caitlin and Felicity coming towards their table.

She slammed her palms against their table. "Bear." She growled. Barry's eyes widen as he recognised that voice anywhere. "H-hey Caitlin." He said, looking at Felicity instead.

"We were supposed to have lunch together." Caitlin said through gritted teeth. "Did you forget that?" She said, slamming her fists on the table once more.

"Hey." Vanessa suddenly said from behind of Barry. "I don't know who you are, but don't talk to my friend like that." She said, emphasising on the word 'friend'. Everyone snapped their heads towards Vanessa whom they had quite forgotten about. "I wasn't talking to you." Caitlin said, feeling even more annoyed. Vanessa just rolled her eyes and leaned against Barry and linked arms. Caitlin fumed with anger and was about to rip Vanessa hair out when Felicity dragged Caitlin away from her.

"She's not worth your time. Just ignore her." Felicity bought a cold drink from the vending machine and handed it to Caitlin. Caitlin drank everything in one shot as she cooled down. "Did you see her face just now? She was so..... Peachy." She said, squeezing the can. "I wondered how Chris ever got to meet someone like her."

The bell rang, signalling their next period. "Come on Caitlin, we're gonna be late for class."

...

"Actually Chris." Inched closer and closer to him. "How do you do this math question?" Vanessa asked. Actually, they were in the same math class. It's just that Barry didn't really notice her since the beginning of the school year. Barry was thinking and pondering about the fight he had with Caitlin earlier. Why was she so mad at me? I just went to recess without her for a day... Is that something to be 'extremely' mad about?

"Chris." Vanessa said, staring into Barry's green orbs as she touched his hand. "Y-yes?" He stuttered, due to the sudden close-ness of them. He coughed. Trying to look away from her very low V cut shirt. "So... You will have to substitute the x into -1" she gave a slight yawn. "And from their you will have to use the cancellation method to-" Barry stopped when he realised that Vanessa fell asleep.

Vanessa just fell asleep while Barry was teaching her. He paused, he held  breath and looked at her face. She is stunning. He thought. He pushed her bangs out of her face and memorized her features. As he is staring at her, her eyelids fluttered and soon she was staring back at her light brown eyes.

"I-" He stopped. He didn't have a good reason to just suddenly stare at her. He held the answer to the equation in one hand and looked at her with a helpless face. She just laughed and took the paper he held. "Thanks for the answer. I think you should teach me more."

"I mean, since I understand whatever you teach me, you should be my tutor or something..... I can be your student." Barry was shocked to find that someone was finally interested. "Well, okay.. I'll think about it." He said.

...
Barry felt a little lonely as he walked the streets home alone, without Caitlin. He soon saw someone familiar. He ran. He never knew that he would see this person again. He was waiting so long, wondering what he would have done if he didn't find this person. He didn't even know if he was ever going to see him again. Was it a dream or was it reality? Was he even going crazy? He ran, as fast as his legs could ever carry him.

He tapped the shoulder of the person he was most familiar with from the last few years.

Sebastian?

Is that you?

He frantically tapped the person's shoulder because he was scared that he would disappear. Like some sort of illusion. The person he tapped looked as confused as him. Until... "Barry?" He said, shocked. "What are you doing here?" The two finally met, after months of not meeting each other. Barry was about to hug him but got pushed away by a finger on his forehead.

"Do not touch me." Sebastian said through gritted teeth. "But-" Barry was cut short by Sebastian gesturing for this friends to leave him alone. "We are strangers. Do you understand me? You go on your own path of life and I go on mine. We don't know each other. Okay? So, get lost."

Barry was stunned. Why would his brother suddenly behave this way? "Bas, I-" Sebastian was not keen on listening on anymore. He walked away.

...
Not edited...
Authors note
Hello! What do you think of this chapter??