Chapter 3 - Introducing ... Sentimental

Anonymous,

Firstly, please allow me to apologize. 

Clearly, there must have been a mixup

at the postal service but you can trust

that they will receive a complaint

from me, explaining our plight.

      In reference to your post

script, I merely adopted this manner

of communication as a direct result

of my parents upbringing.

    My parents are old fashioned and it

came along with their training and values.

It was their way of conveying messages

and they passed it on to me. 

   I was brought up to appreciate minute 

details which are often the most

paramount. I am a man of sentimental

value because of this hence the writing style

calligraphy and the grained paper.

    Excuse my lack of manners, my

name is Nathan. Please accept my

sincere apologies for this most

unfortunate misunderstanding.

Respectfully,

Nate.

----------------------------

Halle was pleased with the letter and a bit impressed. She couldn't help but hold him in high regard after reading the above correspondence. She had never come across an individual so close to breed in their values and up bringing.

     One would have thought that in a family of five there would exist an element of that somewhere, but no. Of Halle's two older brothers neither of them exihited such qualities. Neither did her mother or father resort to such archaic yet refreshing method of communicating.

    Instead, her parents were more technologically equipped than she was. Both Halle's parents had more accurate knowledge of how to interact with phones and all other digital devices while Halle was stuck in the stone age. It was a bit of a phenomenon if any asked her.

    Her family could be compared to a mirepoix. They were a mixture of varying key spices that contributed equally to the reactivity of their dish.

     Hal and Harry her older brothers weren't sentimental like Nathan seemed to be. On the contrary, they didn't pay any mind to petty details as they called it. Hal was an athlete while drama took up most of Harry's time.

    Halle could roll her eyes once more at Harry's past time though she tried her best not to pass judgement. Harry wanted to become an actor with seemed like a poor basket to put all his eggs in.

    Meanwhile, their parents owned a Supermarket aside from their real jobs so they were always looking for new ways to advertise hence their close relationship with gadgets.

    Though Halle was the youngest of her family, she was the most mature yet the most naive. She believed in loving a career and dreamed of one day becoming a profession author which was her reason for bei g stuck with that menacing excuse for a supervisor.

   On her way to writing, Halle had to pass the speed bump called Tiko James. Tiko was her supervisor, the Editor in Chief and the fire breathing dragon so to speak.

    If you thought she was exaggerating just get her the wrong order of coffee and you'd regret it.

    Tiko had a way of making her subordinates feel lesser than themselves. Thank God that Halle was slow to anger. There were many instances where Tiko would drive her nutts. Especially were technology was concerned. She also had God to thank for an ally in Pearl James, her best colleague at the office.

   All in all, no one in her life paid attention the smaller things in life. Well at least not in her opinion, but this Nathan did. An interesting individual to stumble upon. How odd was it that she happened upon such a letter in the first place.

  Fate must be changing because nothing like that had ever happened to her before. She could only imagine what her brothers would say about this. They often teased her because they thought that she was to boring for their taste.  

   Halle blushed as she took her pen between her fingertips and wrote a reply as she sat near the window seat of herm revelling in the feeling of something remotely interesting in her dull life.

-------

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late update, I was a bit caught up with something else but the important thing is that it's here now.

Please feel free to share your comments on any and all of these chapters. Also please don't forget to vote.

What do you think of Nate so far?

What do you think of Halle?

Tell me about it!!! :p :)

Thank you for reading.

Love you guys,

~C-F~

               ○○○ Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.○○○